DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Land of Ice & Fire (Part 8 - Önundarfjörður)

MPone

Reactions

Our journey continues across Westfjords crossing the Gemlufallsheiði mountain pass into the Önundarfjörður valley.Words cannot describe how magnificent and beautiful the view is. Onundarfjordur is a particularly pretty fjord, even by Westfjords standards. Steep mountains line the fjord on both sides and to get there you must drive across high heaths and through mountain passes. The fjord’s name derives from it’s first settler, Onundur Vikingsson.

Nice capture of the farmer mowing his field.

Incredible valley, but how to overcome the exposure problem of the background up high ?
Maybe it's worth getting one of the gradient ND filters for such times ?

It's possible that can be fixed with more post too, I'm no where near that with editing yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MPone
Nice capture of the farmer mowing his field.

Incredible valley, but how to overcome the exposure problem of the background up high ?
Maybe it's worth getting one of the gradient ND filters for such times ?

It's possible that can be fixed with more post too, I'm no where near that with editing yet.

Yes. It could be fixed with Davinci Resolve. But at that point of time when I edited this footage my knowledge on DR was in the beginning stage. So I did no color grading.

Nice. Lots of greenery. I was in Iceland in mid-Feb, just 2 months ago, and most places were still covered in snow.

Must be cold in Feb. This footage was taken in September. Still a tad too cold for my liking. I was constantly shaking holding the mavic 1 controller with the cold mountain winds blowing at me.

It was cold, windy and white. But my MP handled it like a champ. Flight time was a lot better than expected. Flew it at -14°C in Norway, got 21 mins flight time, 100% to 29%.

I haven't had the heart to review all my photos and videos yet, as someone stole my MP from the train when I got to Stockholm. I swapped out the microSD card with a brand new one a couple of days before I lost it, so I all the footage from Iceland and most of Norway.

I haven't had the heart to review all my photos and videos yet, as someone stole my MP from the train when I got to Stockholm. I swapped out the microSD card with a brand new one a couple of days before I lost it, so I all the footage from Iceland and most of Norway.

Sorry to hear your MP lost. At least you still got your videos.

As you were flying upstream the elevation would become higher and your drone would get closer and closer to the ground. Did you compensate for this by increasing the elevation of the drone?

You do such a beautiful job of smoothly increasing the altitude of the Mavic. It is too easy for me to have a jerky movement on the video when I try to increase altitude. I assume you are carefully pushing up on the left stick.

You do such a beautiful job of smoothly increasing the altitude of the Mavic. It is too easy for me to have a jerky movement on the video when I try to increase altitude. I assume you are carefully pushing up on the left stick.

The more you fly the better you get over the control of the Mavic.

You can assist this greatly by slower down the movement of the gimbal and yaw in settings, very easy to do.
Up / down can be done too for sure, but I haven't needed to adjust that movement myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollywood52761