DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The last time I will ever use ebay for selling a drone

abridge

Reactions
I really don't know if this is the right section to post this, but here we go. I personally hate ebay. Their fees are out of control and the seller has very few protections when it comes to issues. I sold my dji mavic pro back in February to a guy who lives in Hawaii. He had 50 100% positive reviews, so I thought I could trust him because it was over the course of a few years. His paypal was a verified address and he paid immediately. I shipped out the drone two days later and he received it 4 days after that. He left me a positive review saying the drone was great and he is happy with the purchase.

About 30 days later I receive a paypal notification telling me that the person who purchased my drone opened up a case against me claiming that he did not purchase the drone and that it was a fraudulent charge. I knew this could not be true. Paypal immediately puts me into the negative $ while they investigate. I send paypal the tracking information, the correspondence between him and I regarding the positive feedback, and screenshots of his instagram page showing him flying the drone around (he had no drone pictures prior to the date in which he received my drone). Fast forward to today, two months after he purchased it, and paypal/banking institution has decided to rule in his favor but let me keep my money.

How is this right? How can you let someone keep a product that they purchased and then give them 100% of their money back because they claimed it was fraud? The evidence 100% supports me. That is classic fraud and needs to be prosecuted.

Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• AE8F3983-179D-4B04-B081-D8AFF7118C08.jpeg
    AE8F3983-179D-4B04-B081-D8AFF7118C08.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 527
  • 7F0F0752-2C39-4EAB-B123-DDC5BA1DA197.png
    7F0F0752-2C39-4EAB-B123-DDC5BA1DA197.png
    4 MB · Views: 425
  • B74BF1BF-4E8D-46E4-8400-F27973D5C1B3.png
    B74BF1BF-4E8D-46E4-8400-F27973D5C1B3.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 431
  • 3D51B304-0DCC-405B-996B-C6C8B66FF162.png
    3D51B304-0DCC-405B-996B-C6C8B66FF162.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 398
Reactions: James in the Desert
Maybe he used a stolen credit card? But they made you whole in the end right?

Maybe he used a stolen credit card? But they made you whole in the end right?

I received my money back, but he received his money back and my drone. He received my drone for free. We would have much bigger issues if he kept the drone and Iost my money.

Are you SURE he was the buyer, but the owner of the payment method he used raised the complaint? I have had a similar incident. Dude used a company credit card to buy from me, the COMPANY refused the charge a month later, dude kept the goods, I kept the money.
I was later contacted by the company that was sueing the ex-employee

Are you SURE he was the buyer, but the owner of the payment method he used raised the complaint? I have had a similar incident. Dude used a company credit card to buy from me, the COMPANY refused the charge a month later, dude kept the goods, I kept the money.
I was later contacted by the company that was sueing the ex-employee

Absolutely him. The paypal username matches his real name which matches his instagram account name (that's how I found it. He wasn't too smart hiding anything).

I did notice now that his ebay feedback has gone from 50 positive to just 3 positive. Some how almost all of his feedback was deleted. Strange...

How is this right?

Be happy you got to keep the money.

I bought a product with a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. I paid with PayPal, over $100.

When I asked for my money back because the product differed from the description, the company refused tp honor their guarantee.

PayPal backed the company.

Both this company's and PayPal's repeated offers (at least weekly) go straight to the trash.

I don't ID them as Spam, because that would deny me the enjoyment I get from trashing them.

I really don't know if this is the right section to post this, but here we go. I personally hate ebay. Their fees are out of control and the seller has very few protections when it comes to issues. I sold my dji mavic pro back in February to a guy who lives in Hawaii. He had 50 100% positive reviews, so I thought I could trust him because it was over the course of a few years. His paypal was a verified address and he paid immediately. I shipped out the drone two days later and he received it 4 days after that. He left me a positive review saying the drone was great and he is happy with the purchase.

About 30 days later I receive a paypal notification telling me that the person who purchased my drone opened up a case against me claiming that he did not purchase the drone and that it was a fraudulent charge. I knew this could not be true. Paypal immediately puts me into the negative $ while they investigate. I send paypal the tracking information, the correspondence between him and I regarding the positive feedback, and screenshots of his instagram page showing him flying the drone around (he had no drone pictures prior to the date in which he received my drone). Fast forward to today, two months after he purchased it, and paypal/banking institution has decided to rule in his favor but let me keep my money.

How is this right? How can you let someone keep a product that they purchased and then give them 100% of their money back because they claimed it was fraud? The evidence 100% supports me. That is classic fraud and needs to be prosecuted.

Screenshots attached.
if you have a photo / recording of the amount of time you had been using the drone in hours and ask for a photo from him of the log would that not show hes been using it a lot ?? ebay is a massive con as its a joke

Reactions: RLW8888 and CarlSQ5
I had similar issues with Ebay a few years ago. Will never buy or sell from them again. Sellers have no protection against corrupt buyers.
Amazon all the way now.

I don't understand.

You got to keep your money because you have tracking information to show the item had been delivered etc. hence PayPal seller protection covers you.
I'm assuming you dispatched to the PayPal registered address?

What I don't get is how did he get a refund as well??
If he stated his card was used fraudulently surely the tracking information would show that the drone was delivered to his home address, and hence he would be in receipt of it?
Therefore he would have to return it to you, or the card company would state that there is evidence to suggest it was delivered to him??
Hence, how can eBay/PayPal possibly rule in his favour?!

Reactions: WAXMAN
Surely when you make a purchase on EBay there is a record that you did so on their end. Otherwise everyone would dispute purchases. How can the buyer dispute that he didnt make the purchase if he in fact did? EBay wouldn’t just refund the buyer just because he “says” he didn’t. I think there is more to this story.

Surely when you make a purchase on EBay there is a record that you did so on their end. Otherwise everyone would dispute purchases. How can the buyer dispute that he didnt make the purchase if he in fact did? EBay wouldn’t just refund the buyer just because he “says” he didn’t. I think there is more to this story.

I wish I knew the "more to the story" part because honestly that's all I know. Bought my drone. Claimed it was a fraudulent purchase a month later. Gets to keep the drone and his money. That's why I am blown away that he won the case because it was sent to his verified address and he left positive feedback....

So you think a scammer will happily provide you a log photo to help prove he scammed you? :rolleyes:
but what your doing by LAW is requesting information from him to prove his case if he cannot provide it you should be ASKING WHY HE CANT OR WONT ?

I wish I knew the "more to the story" part because honestly that's all I know. Bought my drone. Claimed it was a fraudulent purchase a month later. Gets to keep the drone and his money. That's why I am blown away that he won the case because it was sent to his verified address and he left positive feedback....

If he left positive feedback for a drone it’s clear his “account” made the purchase. If he won the case, the only thing I can think of is that he would have said someone else made the purchase using his account. But then there is the mystery of you sending the item to his registered address.
I don’t know but I what I do know is that EBay wouldn’t just refund without sufficient evidence.

Reactions: Kilrah
If he left positive feedback for a drone it’s clear his “account” made the purchase. If he won the case, the only thing I can think of is that he would have said someone else made the purchase using his account. But then there is the mystery of you sending the item to his registered address.
I don’t know but I what I do know is that EBay wouldn’t just refund without sufficient evidence.

That is why my mind is blown over this whole thing. Your account purchases it. Your same username is posting pictures with it on your social media. Your address is verified. You left positive feedback. But you claim fraud and win the case? Paypal won't show me the buyers evidence either.

but what your doing by LAW is requesting information from him to prove his case if he cannot provide it you should be ASKING WHY HE CANT OR WONT ?
Come on - obviously since you're not the law the guy won't give a ****, ignore it and simply never answer anything that comes from you again.
Unless he got an actual court order after you filed an official case there's no chance he'll tell or give any incriminating proof to anyone.

That is why my mind is blown over this whole thing. Your account purchases it. Your same username is posting pictures with it on your social media. Your address is verified. You left positive feedback. But you claim fraud and win the case? Paypal won't show me the buyers evidence either.

Are you sure you sent it to the buyers registered address or did he contact you where to send it?

Are you sure you sent it to the buyers registered address or did he contact you where to send it?

I sent it to his Paypal verified address. He never contacted me telling me where to send it.

I still say the PAYMENT was made with a source that was not the buyers. Account has nothing to do with it. Whoever owned the credit card or bank account reversed the charges. Not the buyer. That’s why he still has the drone. For now.

Reactions: Kilrah

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803