DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Pro in fcc mode is absolutely brilliant

Just come back from flying 4 batteries first time flights using fcc mode and what a beast and blast

Turned off obstacles avoidance and just blasted about 4 thousand feet away without one glitch video downlink was rock solid and smooth as butter.

That obstacle avoidance proper holds back the Mavic I never have it on when flying above 200feet just always make sure your rth is set to 200 to 300 feet and as long as there isn't any high rise building anywhere you don't need the thing switched on.

It's absolutely gusting with wind in the UK with this storm and the mavic handled it like a little champ. So glad I bought the pro than the air now. Brilliant machine the Mavic Pro.
Glad you are enjoying it but the Autel Evo and Mavic Pro 2 is about to be released.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I am constantly amazed by the number of people who blindly install an app from a completely unknown source, then proceed to click "I Agree" on every permission it asks for to their device.

People, if you didn't mod the app yourself you have NO IDEA what it's doing in the back ground.

For all you know it's harvesting DJI logins. And that's the best case scenario, the worst case doesn't even need explaining.

Please be careful.
I'm always careful what I install. And I've touch wood never had problems it's when you go googling hacks that you get dodgy app's

Wait. Turning off obstacle avoidance makes the MP faster than sport mode??

It is not faster, but if you make a balance between battery consumption and speed is a good compromise.
I use the following way to go through big distances. The best speed to travel long distances is 45-47 km / h. I also increased the obstacle detection distance to have time for brake.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 238
Glad you are enjoying it but the Autel Evo and Mavic Pro 2 is about to be released.
Autel evo isn't being sold over here in the UK for month or years till they get ce certification and that will mean geo fencing trust me Europe won't let a drone fly freely about with no fly zones.

And the Mavic 2 if still months away and you'll probably get it next year if I'm lucky

Autel evo isn't being sold over here in the UK for month or years till they get ce certification and that will mean geo fencing trust me Europe won't let a drone fly freely about with no fly zones.

And the Mavic 2 if still months away and you'll probably get it next year if I'm lucky

I was thinking about EVO, but considering it is new, it will have many firmware and software issues. Is not a big deal if you make difference between Mavic pro and EVO (The camera is a little bit better -but is too big and in case of an crash i guaranteed will be a disaster, the remote control with video feed - I prefer the phone for gps and settings, flight up to 30 minutes - the real will be around at 23-25 minutes; anyway, I use 2 extra batteries to fly around 40 minutes).

Now the DJI will be pressed to launch Pro 2, so my opinion is better to waiting :)

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Hi all, add the file into DJI GO MOD app instead of the original DJI GO app.

Video feed from Mavic is better but still i cannot confirm if it is in FCC mode due to i am flying in a very congested area where i constantly received RC or air craft interference.

Don't worry I'll be buying the mavic pro 2 but for now I'm enjoying flying the wings off this mavic pro first. [emoji23]

I too will be buying the Mavic Pro 2. But one concern I have is that DJI has probably designed the software/firmware to not allow hacks. I need to be able to fly above structures which are over 400' in height

Just come back from flying 4 batteries first time flights using fcc mode and what a beast and blast. .... . Brilliant machine the Mavic Pro.

Please can any one say if FCC mod works with any Mavic Pro firmware -- otherwise, which was the last FW it works with?

Reactions: Hendero
The method of using a fake GPS App to trick the Mavic into FCC doesn´t work anymore?
I tried it and it didn´t work but maybe i did something wrong.

The method of using a fake GPS App to trick the Mavic into FCC doesn´t work anymore?
I tried it and it didn´t work but maybe i did something wrong.

It still works as of today, using Android app version 4.3.0 and Fake GPS app.
After changing location, you need to restart DJI Go App, it will ask you to change frequency etc, confirm and the RC will reboot.
After that, disable the Fake GPS, use DJI Go App as usual except that every time it will ask you if you want to change frequency, etc. Always click Cancel.
If you click OK, you will need to do the above all over again to get FCC.

it doesn’t work on the pro cause of occusync, fake gps only works on spark or mavic air who uses wifi connection. i’m searching for a way to get mavic pro 2 in FCC it seems to be not so easy.....

I see, that makes sense now. I think so far it will be difficult for you to find a solution as the version of those modded app is too old to support Mavic 2 Pro.
Anyway, Occusync should be very good even under CE mode, you may just want to use it until a solution come out.

I see, that makes sense now. I think so far it will be difficult for you to find a solution as the version of those modded app is too old to support Mavic 2 Pro.
Anyway, Occusync should be very good even under CE mode, you may just want to use it until a solution come out.

Wait for the end of the week. I'll analyze exactly how it works for mavic 2. The problem is I do not have the bird to test it and I can not guarantee it works.

Just come back from flying 4 batteries first time flights using fcc mode and what a beast and blast

Turned off obstacles avoidance and just blasted about 4 thousand feet away without one glitch video downlink was rock solid and smooth as butter.

That obstacle avoidance proper holds back the Mavic I never have it on when flying above 200feet just always make sure your rth is set to 200 to 300 feet and as long as there isn't any high rise building anywhere you don't need the thing switched on.

It's absolutely gusting with wind in the UK with this storm and the mavic handled it like a little champ. So glad I bought the pro than the air now. Brilliant machine the Mavic Pro.

I’m currently going Crazy trying to find out how to enable FCC here in CE land and use an IOS device to fly - (if possible) - I’ve done the spark and that was a piece of cake, is there a straightforward guide to doing this on the Mavic Pro - my Spark has been transformed, would love to do the same to the Pro. All help and advice massively welcome. Any of you chaps in the NW uk?

If this works - I’m buying you a pint - I’ve had zero luck finding a way to FCC the Pro and my Google-foo is strong

I have read of a few ways to fcc the MP but they all require a downgrade of some kind
My current setup is..

Mavic Pro - latest FW - (CE mode)
iPhone 8+ (IOS 12)
DJI Go 4.3.0
Windows 10
I’m going to try the method in the Vid you linked in the morning - I’ll let you know how it goes - thanks for the info

Reactions: Dunczyk
Cant get Super Impactor to work - I get the following error :(
.Net is 4.7.2

Attachments

• Impactor Fail.JPG
    Impactor Fail.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 119
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics