DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The "Must upgrade DJI Go 4.1.3 App" thread (locked drones)

im using an android 6.0 galaxy s7, and it only says bug fixes, what happens if i have the issues i've read before about other androids, where the app closes automatically and lose my drone, worse, it harms someone?

atm im thinking about giving my mavic back and check for problems (the gimbal automatically points down in flight) and that makes me fly super cautious
Do r/c calibration to recalibrate the sticks and wheels

Perhaps you can trick it by apkeditor and rewrite the version to 4.1.3 manually
For android users

It's this version (4.1.3) I was referring about:
Hit the back button. It will disappear.
I think dji is trying trick android users.
I do agree that the 4.1.3 will apply some bug fixes for recent "findings".

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Did latest update and now drone height and distance is restricted. How do I go back to previous firmware

It is my understanding that the forced update is only on android devices and not ios devices. Depending on the app version you are running on your ios device, you are only getting the nfz update message but the option is there to ignore.

i am on 550 ios iphone 7 plus app 4 1 2 all updates now off and have been for a while, (also on iphone there is a section in dji go app that allows cell phone access even) i came across it by luck and switched that off too.

i will try the roll back later but the only annoying thing is all the NFZ tick boxes i get with this app (doing the mod does not remove any of the tick box thing, that is app related it seems).

Thanks to @digdat0 i can actually fly the thing again i only get the update NFZ message but i have never updated that ever anyway. i just hit ignore. i am not having much luck in rolling back do far (my fault coz i am, crap at it) might have to go to my smaller screen iphone 6 which has an older IOS app. Until i can find someone who can get me rolled back.

Reactions: digdat0
I'm in iOS, have optionally updated app, have optionally updated firmware to .900, even got tired of ignoring the NFZ message so updated that too. Nothing was forced.
I remember I did re-renter my login details for DJI once, long ago...
Have had no problems flying without internet connections, taking off without GPS (which did not want to do on earlier firmware - either .600 or .700?), as long as I check the little waiver block when setting max altitude above 120m/400ft once, have not had to redo it for any future flights.

So far .900 and new app been much less headache to fly than previous firmware (can't remeber if .600 or .700 - was mavic-less for 2 months during repair) but that gave me random NFZ errors mid flight, would not start without GPS lock etc. Now can press the button, take off in OPTI mode if I want, and fly around while the GPS gets a fix.

Reactions: ABRsanta
It is my understanding that the forced update is only on android devices and not ios devices. Depending on the app version you are running on your ios device, you are only getting the nfz update message but the option is there to ignore.
on Android devices you can ignore the force update message to 4.1.3, by just pressing the back button. You are then given a choice to ignore the upgrade

I got the forced update message on 7/1 after i had been flying around. Im on android 6 with a dedicated S5 that has almost nothing else installed on it. Back button would not back out of the message or the app. I had to kill it manually. Then I updated to 4.1.3....snd since i have had 2 disconnects where my phone and remote both say disconnected. Luckily she came back to almost the home point, when it got back to within 500 feet i got data back to the controller and was able to direct my Mavic back to the ground. Prior to this update i was 4.0.7 and had flown about 380 miles since getting my mavic. Never had a disconnect like that until 4.1.3.....kinda scared me cause i had no feedback that it was returning.

Did latest update and now drone height and distance is restricted. How do I go back to previous firmware

I had the same issue, was on 4.0.8, said an update was available. I installed it and then was height/range restricted although it said the update had taken.
I fixed mine by going to the app store and updating to 4.1.3

So DJI have stuffed your purchase well after you paid for it by dictating that you install unreliable and dangerous software.
Is any one else considering it would be a good idea to start/join a class action to have these flying experiments returned for full refund?
And when your lovely drone flies off into the distance never to be seen again, DJI will shrug their shoulders and blame you.

I would not have bought it had I known of all the FM updates. This is going to drive me to build my own soon enough.

+ one

Except i am building my own right now.
Just fitting FPV gear to X210 today as well as my goggles turned up today.

But back on topic, you are saying we should expect to have this *update* forced onto us users next flight.
This is really going to tick me off, no wonder i have developed a huge hate for DJI in the past few months according to their practices.
Glad i didnt get sucked into buying their goggles or their spark crap. First chance i find a sucker, this mavic is sold.

Well, yes and no. I think a bit or perspective serves well here. If I weren't on this board and read all the negativity would I have this opinion? If I had a problem free mavic like the majority of people, I would just do every update they told me I needed and been elated with what the drone can do and the nice videos it makes of my family outings. I'd probably still be happy if I weren't reading the forums and everyone's issues.

Reactions: DaddyDe and jcp411
4.13 on android has introduced aircraft disconnects and waypoints no longer get sent to aircraft.

Reactions: jcp411
Or get one of these at a fraction of the price.
I was getting tired of all the software problems and restrictions

Attachments

• IMG_20170708_141611.jpg
    IMG_20170708_141611.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 82
Just my two cents here. I know everyone gets a little nervous with forced updates but I also trust that DJI will do anithyng to bokst their sales and profit. So I do not think they will start killing their products like this. If so, sales will plummet and they will end up selling candy on the street. I also believe, some safety measures shold be embeded in drones. There are a lot of crazy people out there we do not want to see using drones to case harm. We've already seen that with vehicles.
I have updated every single time the app has told me to and I have never had any problems doing whatever I have needed to do with my drone.

Have a great weekend.
Fly Safe.

JG.

Reactions: jcp411
I live outside a NFZ but still have nothing but problems flying. Pad cuts out momentarily and camera wont work right terrible performance since the newest upgrades. My guess is that DJI improperly included where I live as a NFZ hence is limiting the performance of the craft. It's no fun to have to drive miles away every time I want to fly. What used to be a joy is now a $1000 regret.

Reactions: Blades and woesch
Does Litchi give back control to Mavics in regards to these introduced restrictions and other clumsy DJI issues?
I feel your pain man, at least the Mavic was a good introduction into the droning world. It was my first drone and now i have 7 and the mavic collects dust. lol

Which of your drones are you favoring now?

if you get the "forced " message to Update...
just close dji..
go to apps..
open dji...
clean Storage...
set your phone to flightmode...
start dji..
everything is fine...

if you need a map?
start dji in flightmode...
enter device/go fly
than switch off flightmode...
map will show and have fun...

you have to be in flightmode just if you start go4...
see that is why we are here. good show nighthawk71. productive, helpful, non opinionated. well done
thank you

I have the latest update installed. Have been flying my drone with no problems whatsoever. I don't understand the mass hysteria about it!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky