DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The "Must upgrade DJI Go 4.1.3 App" thread (locked drones)

What am I missing? Why the fear of 4.1.3? I've been running that on my super Mavic just fine.

I have to agree, I have been running all the updates, my Mavic has the latest, have flown a couple of waypoint missions with Litchi today and no issues, my Mavic rocks!!!

Reactions: esquire
I assume you are referring to someone who modified his Mavic. Yet, this is not about that topic; it's about this example here, and I doubt that user has changed anything to his Phantom drone previous to his vacation: How DJI is ruining my holiday right now!
I've got the same setup, and the main reason I'm not interested in this new update is not the mandatory upgrade (as seen in .800 firmware), but rather the forced login before flying.
How does this 900 update affect my ability to fly with no internet connection at all?

This is misinformation that just can't seem to be corrected on this forum. You're not required to have data connection and login before each flight. You only login once and it remains that logged in, with or without data connection. Only if you choose "log out" will you need to have data connection and login again. It's busines as usual.

Reactions: newguy
Another point I would like to make is when I bought the Mavic when they came out and everyone was crazy trying to obtain one. My expectations were an awesome product. But unfortunately I crashed it and broke the gimble had it refreshed and of course I didn't get a new one I received a refurbished one and had to send it back twice. But my point is when I received the first one. It was awesome. No real flight restrictions per say. But now with all the firmware updates. The Mavic is not the same Mavic or what I originally purchase. I want to drop my firmware down to the first one programmed into the Mavic. It was an awesome drone then. Now I don't enjoy it as much and with all the countless hours spending online with chat and customer no service. I'm ready to throw in the towel with the DJI brand. Sad they make great products and then lock their limitations and have piss poor customer service. I just received my Mavic back for a firmware problem that I downloaded and it screwed my drone up TWICE!! Sent it back, DJI states they will send me a brand new drone. Well I think all you guys can answer that question on if I was sent a new one or not. This was after I was promised a new drone by three in chat and two supervisors. Well it didn't happen. For a company to make a sophisticated product, you would believe the customer service would be stellar. But they did repair it under DJI manufacture warranty. In which I honestly was shocked that they did.

Reactions: FLJeff and Blades
What am I missing? Why the fear of 4.1.3? I've been running that on my super Mavic just fine.

Agreed. My mavic pro and Phantom 4 Pro are all upgraded to the latest everything. I had to re-login to the app (once) and haven't noticed anything different.

This is misinformation that just can't seem to be corrected on this forum. You're not required to have data connection and login before each flight. You only login once and it remains that logged in, with or without data connection. Only if you choose "log out" will you need to have data connection and login again. It's busines as usual.

I'm updated on my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic. I was required to sign in to the app after the last update once and never since. I frequently fly in the mountains surrounding Los Angeles and there is absolutely no internet connection available in these locations, but I have NEVER had restrictions on either aircraft after the update. Again, I only had to log back in once, and I've done at least 16 batteries since that update. No probs for me at all.

Reactions: timiniafrica
My nexus is a WiFi only model and once I leave the house it cannot connect to anyone or anything.can confirm login once and all's good.

I live in an area that has no mobile signal and so depend upon downloaded maps. I took my Mavic out for a flight today to boost my courage to fly using GS Pro. On the flight using GO4 I noticed the flight distance and altitude was restricted to "beginner mode" The rear LED was flashing slow Green, Red, Green.... and so I safely initiated RTH. Upon return to my house and Wi-Fi, I booted everything up again to investigate the problem and found that I was being required to log back in to DJI and change my password (I had ignored an email from DJI requesting I do so). I changed my password and, back out to try GS Pro I found everything was working perfectly.
Thus it appears I was being restricted to beginner mode until I changed my password (and of course accepting the term and conditions dictated by DJI)
Oh yes, DJI GS Pro works perfectly!

Eachine Q90 which i flew FPV first time today. Done some PID tuning in BetaFlight and repalced stock props with nicely balanced ladyBirds. This Q90 frog is nice to fly.
I am working on adding FPV setup tomorrow to a new X210 racer build. My second only build and my second X210 hehe
Check this
Using Taranis Q X7 based on reply by that dude in the clip.

OK, sweet. I figured they were FPV racers. I have a Eachine Q95C and a Racer 250. Both are tons of fun. Drone racers are evolving and advancing so fast it's ridiculous!

FWIW - AP drones like Phantoms and Mavics are in a different area of drones so I can't say you can really compare the two. I like both types a lot. I went P2, P3, then into racers for a while, then back to AP with the Mavic and still enjoy the racers too.

I am on 4.1.3 and I think the reason for this forced update is, that the FCC/EU switch hack is not working anymore more.
I didn't update to 4.1.3 on purpose, but apparently had GO 4 open on my phone when I came inside the house and the next thing I knew it was there, I had my cellular data turned off for app updates so I know it wasn't that, no problems though, still wants me to update the no fly zones but I ignore and everything's fine.

Paranoïa at its finest, I must say.
To actually help you, the following thread is extremely popular, follow the steps and instructions and you can forever be free of the shackles of DJi and their 'evil' corporate agenda.

I created a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 400

Have a nice day, and enjoy your Mavic.

-Mike
Your link goes to nowhere I'm afraid, maybe the evil corporation took it down?/ lol

They need forced updates.. that fix issues... like the disconnection issue from the app... 2 mavics and 3 different android devices... all have the issue.. upon reconnect my first one stated I was in a NFZ and dropped me into the Pacific.. after over a month of back n forth... they warrantee it. They disabled the avoidance system and dropped it over surfers. I had full up on the throttle as it descended to never be seen again... I first joined AMA over 40 years ago. Have flow and driven almost every type of vehicle in the rc hobby.. never been controlled by the manufacturer. All this stops legit flyers .. hard code in firmware NFZ if ya thing ya have too... tell your customers prior to buying about all the imposed NFZ restrictions. Bad guys build their own drones ... Not DJI ... come on.. more made in China stuff to frustrate American's.. it's a war .. ya just don't really know it.

see that is why we are here. good show nighthawk71. productive, helpful, non opinionated. well done
thank you
Poor show, DB Cooper. You ruined a good comment by voicing your opinion on his non opinionated advice. Enjoy [emoji6]

FYI - I upgraded the firmware on my Mavic a couple of days back and went flying yesterday only to find I was restricted to 30m altitude and 50m range. Based on all the hype I assumed DJI had somehow stitched me up. I remember seeing the message saying that after upgrading you need to re-register your drone so I assumed that was the issue. I couldn't find any reference via google so was left scratching my head. I then stumbled across a video showing the Mavic upgrade process which clearly showed that the latest version of the DJI Go app required login when you started the app. Mine didn't! I upgraded the DJI app and everything was fine. I had assumed that I was running the latest version. So just in case any of you experience the same issue remember to check all your versions first before you start thinking that DJI has maliciously geo-locked you like I did. Cheers

I'm in iOS, have optionally updated app, have optionally updated firmware to .900, even got tired of ignoring the NFZ message so updated that too. Nothing was forced.
I remember I did re-renter my login details for DJI once, long ago...
Have had no problems flying without internet connections, taking off without GPS (which did not want to do on earlier firmware - either .600 or .700?), as long as I check the little waiver block when setting max altitude above 120m/400ft once, have not had to redo it for any future flights.

So far .900 and new app been much less headache to fly than previous firmware (can't remeber if .600 or .700 - was mavic-less for 2 months during repair) but that gave me random NFZ errors mid flight, would not start without GPS lock etc. Now can press the button, take off in OPTI mode if I want, and fly around while the GPS gets a fix.
Hi I have really been out of the loop with flying and this forum lately. I would like to know if anyone has completely updated to all current firmware on the MAVIC as well as the APP DJI GO 4 and have their mavic limited to a certain height and a certain distance because I live in New York and HAVE gotten as far as 5000 feet away with a height of roughly 200 feet and although we all know you must maintain VLOS lucky for me I'm flying over beach and marsh land 99% no people. I want to get to the full 1 mile mark. If I completely update both mavic and app will I be limited. Has anyone completely updated and all is the same. Insight from anyone who has would be appreciated. Thx

Hi I have really been out of the loop with flying and this forum lately. I would like to know if anyone has completely updated to all current firmware on the MAVIC as well as the APP DJI GO 4 and have their mavic limited to a certain height and a certain distance because I live in New York and HAVE gotten as far as 5000 feet away with a height of roughly 200 feet and although we all know you must maintain VLOS lucky for me I'm flying over beach and marsh land 99% no people. I want to get to the full 1 mile mark. If I completely update both mavic and app will I be limited. Has anyone completely updated and all is the same. Insight from anyone who has would be appreciated. Thx

Yes everything up to date as of yesterday on iOS, Mavic, and Goggles. Flies as good as ever, no limitations on distance, normal 500m limitation on height. As usual, everyone got all up in arms over nothing.

Im not saying they are comparable. DJI Mavic is a boring POS with no challenge to fly, even my dead grandmother can fly it. How can that compare to something you actually have to learn to fly instead of just bumping some inputs occasionally.
Mavic was my 1st drone but as i said it soon opened up doors to other more challenging side of flying drones.
It is no problem and cheap to fit F3 FlightController with barometric sensor for stable hover. Satellite is also easy and cheap to fit if wanted.
Given the way DJI treats us customers, my main attraction to droning is not the Mavic as it once was.
Now it is a problematic and time consuming burden.
Sell it then. The Mavic is a camera drone not a racing drone. You want it to be "boring" to fly because that's what makes good video, stable footage is what you want for cinematic videos but im sure you know that.

Well, let's just say that some of us have a native fear of everything that is forced/imposed to our products after purchase, rather than given the option to. - may it be drones, phones, TV sets etc.
And lets just say that, just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean its not justified.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
I will sell it when i find a sucker that is not aware of the fluffling around that goes with owning this drone.
Yes i am aware cinematic videos need slow boring flying so this dinky little wanna-be 4K camera can keep up.
This is actually not about boring slow drones VS racing drones and i never claimed the mavic was intended to be a racing drone. But I did say:
" Given the way DJI treats us customers, my main attraction to droning is not the Mavic as it once was.
Now it is a problematic and time consuming burden. "

Time is long past for me to find a sucker that hasnt heard about the ongoing update conundrum and woeful DJI CS
Bye Felicia

Reactions: killboy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard