DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The one big feature DJI should have put in the Goggles

Robbyg

Reactions
After using the goggles I realized that there is one big thing that DJI could have added that would have made them so much nicer to use.

A simple forward facing camera! It could have been a 2mp camera, who cares. They just needed to drill a small hole and add a cheap cell phone camera to the front left or right of that big front panel and then add a small board to integrate the video. Then the pilot could cycle through the views just like they can do with the Maps and the Radar on the phone. What I mean is that the Camera image can cycle in a small box. Future firmware could cycle through the Radar/Map/Camera view. I would also want a button just like the Maps so that I could toggle the camera view full screen.

The four huge benefits:

1) While I am flying I could actually look around to make sure a strange person is not around me. That eliminates most of the paranoia of flying with the goggles.

2) I could fly alone!

3) I can have VLS on the craft without a spotter. Great for landing and takeoff.

4) I could look down at the remote while flying, without lifting up the goggles.

Yes it might have added another $50 to the price. I would have gladly paid it.

Rob

Last edited:
After using the goggles I realized that there is one big thing that DJI could have added that would have made them so much nicer to use.

A simple forward facing camera! It could have been a 2mp camera, who cares. They just needed to add a small cheap cell phone camera to the front left or right of that big front panel. Then the pilot could cycle through the views just like they can do with the Maps and the Radar on the phone. What I mean is that the Camera image can cycle in a small box. Future firmware could have the Radar/Map/Camera view. I would also want a button just like the Maps so that I could toggle the camera view full screen.

The four huge benefits:

1) While I am flying I could actually look around to make sure a strange person is not around me. That eliminates most of the paranoia of flying alone.

2) I could fly alone!

3) I can have VLS on the craft without a spotter. Great for landing and takeoff.

4) I could look down at the remote while flying, without lifting up the goggles.

Yes it might have added another $50 to the price. I would have gladly paid it.

Rob
Yes I am totally with you Rob. Will have mine next week.
It would be cool if there was a FPV cam on the top of the Goggles. That actually could be added, but at the expense for us. For now we will have to come up with ideas. Flying alone is not a problem as long as you have satisfactory altitude and LOS for the most part.
Unfortunately we have to lift up the Goggles to see the device we are flying with.
I will give you my opinion as soon as I get mine.
We're all intitled to give our insight.
Good thread non the less.

Reactions: Robbyg
Thanks Drone Master.

Let me add another thing that I wish they had added.
A few hooked clips going around the edges of the black plastic lens holders inside the goggles. That way a third part manufacturer could have made prescription lenses that could be clipped in. Also DJI could have supplied a cardboard template so people could just buy oversized reading glasses, pop out the lenses and cut them with a Dremel to fit into the clips.

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000