DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The tallest sailing vessel in the world, Golden Horizon, leaves Fowey Harbour, Cornwall

Hi Jeremy. Cracking video. Can I ask as I am new to this, did you need any permission for flying over Fowey Harbour. Been there a few times and the scenery is stunning, even on foot.
Thanks for the kind words. There were no warnings or restrictions on Altitude Angel Drone Assist and no NOTAMS despite the ship being there, so I just flew

Reactions: imp
Nice work! The clarity of the video is excellent. Just as a point of interest I did note the continuity was a little astray. There were shots where the tug was attached to the stern of the sailing ship, then not attached, then attached again. Continuity is really important when developing a a video. But nice work nonetheless.

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Nice work! The clarity of the video is excellent. Just as a point of interest I did note the continuity was a little astray. There were shots where the tug was attached to the stern of the sailing ship, then not attached, then attached again. Continuity is really important when developing a a video. But nice work nonetheless.
Thanks for the kind words and feedback. A couple of my friends said the same thing about the continuity. I originally edited the clips in order but felt some of the shots were a bit similar, and so decided in the interest of the visual flow, to edit it as I did. I should’ve planned a bit more in advance perhaps ?

Spectacular footage.
Any reason why nothing from the front or above ?
Thanks for the kind words. Filming from the front, if lower, made it difficult keeping VLOS from where I was standing. There is one shot from above in the clip, but that was the only one I filmed

Yes, so you should be.

To me, this is the quality of drone footage that I aspire to. Thank you so much.
I used to go to Fowey back in the 70's, but never saw it like this, and never realised it was quite as beautiful.
Thanks a lot. It’s such a beautiful town. On my YouTube channel, there’s an earlier clip of Fowey, taken from the other end of town near the castle. Have a look

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78