DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The tallest sailing vessel in the world, Golden Horizon, leaves Fowey Harbour, Cornwall

That was very good! That's one big vessel. I noticed ever so often some flashes from cameras on shore taking pictures.

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Freakin amazing! Were you tempted (having avoidance sensors) to tour the cabins? Seriously, this gives the viewer a very special perspective that is award-winning.

Nicely done.

I was intrigued about the use of the tug, like a sea anchor to keep the back of the ship from swinging out ?
Couldn't see a line securing the two vessels (at 3:07 in particular), but there must have been one.
No reason for the tug to be like that if it wasn't tethered.

Nicely done.

I was intrigued about the use of the tug, like a sea anchor to keep the back of the ship from swinging out ?
Couldn't see a line securing the two vessels (at 3:07 in particular), but there must have been one.
No reason for the tug to be like that if it wasn't tethered.
Thanks for the compliment. You’re right about the tug……it is strange as I couldn’t see any tether either and yet it followed along in reverse. Odd.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for the compliment. You’re right about the tug……it is strange as I couldn’t see any tether either and yet it followed along in reverse. Odd.

Think I found it, seems it is to assist steering as thought, but still couldn't see the line !!
As per replies in the link below, they often allow the line to be slack (underwater) and use it if needed to pull the back around either way navigating through tight turns.

Another great video!

Visited Fowey Harbour last night to film the largest sailing vessel in the world, Golden Horizon, moored, then prepare & leave the harbour with the help of the FHC Tugboat Morgawr & the pilot boat. I hope you enjoy
Such a beautiful video, and the choice of music was excellent , very well done...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe