DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Things You Do NOT Get With The Crystalsky......

Yes, really...

No, I was whinging about Go4 on the CS being outdated compared to other platforms, not so much that it was locked to DJI apps.

Stupid question, can't you just connect it to your computer and update using DJI 2?

Is that the 7 or the 5 ?
It's the 7.85", which I'm selling now having bought some Moverio BT-300 glasses and a Galaxy Note 8 which has a higher nit measure than the HB CS at 1200 nits.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the CS 7.85" but, finances aside, I'm so disappointed that DJI don't properly support what is an expensive monitor by any standards by releasing a current version of Go4. In a non-DJI world, any other company would support their own products before supporting anybody else's, it's just rubbish..

Where is this mount available?

It's my own design, I'm happy to let you have the stl file if you want to get a pair printed, just pm me your email address.

Just to warn you that I purposefully made the parts that slide into the controller arms thicker so if you do print this, you'll probably have to trim some rubber off the inserts in the arms. Of course, you could edit the stl file and make those parts thinner.

Last edited:
It's the 7.85", which I'm selling now having bought some Moverio BT-300 glasses and a Galaxy Note 8 which has a higher nit measure than the HB CS at 1200 nits.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the CS 7.85" but, finances aside, I'm so disappointed that DJI don't properly support what is an expensive monitor by any standards by releasing a current version of Go4. In a non-DJI world, any other company would support their own products before supporting anybody else's, it's just rubbish..

Ok so are you saying don’t buy the crystal sky at all? And how is it not supported, apologies if this has been covered I’m just starting y research now and as I currently use iOS I thought upgrading to the crystal was going to be the bomb.

I just read it again great monitor but... I’m missing something re: the go 4. So is that monitor and mount for sale? How much?

I just read it again great monitor but... I’m missing something re: the go 4. So is that monitor and mount for sale? How much?

DJI decided to produce a fantastic monitor for their products, it truly is superb and yet, they also decided, in their infinite wisdom, to support all the various other non-DJI Apple and Android devices first in terms of updates for DJI Go4 so whilst I'm using version 4.1.10 on my Galaxy Note 8, the CS only has version 4.1.6.

7.85" HB Crystalsky for sale c/w Mavic brackets, car & mains chargers. UK.

I bought everything but the CS so far even if I had a charger already, for the price they could through in a nice compact wall part. Who wants to carry around a laptop size charger.

I bought everything but the CS so far even if I had a charger already, for the price they could through in a nice compact wall part. Who wants to carry around a laptop size charger.

I keep looking at this set up... I'm guessing that since they send you two batteries and each battery lasts 5 hours? With the possibility of carrying more batteries, the thought is that you don't need to carry around a charger. Then if you do burn through 10 hours of screen time, which is 20 drone batteries and 2 or 3 controller batteries, you still have your phone in a pinch. It's like the complaints about not getting a charger. I'm guessing that DJI felt that the greatest percentage of sales would come from the more expensive drones that already have a charger that is compatible. They've underestimated how crazy we all are to pay 50%+ MORE for a monitor when most modern phones are just as bright! Mine is. There are guys buying these for their Sparks! I'll be honest, it just seems like complaining over nothing. If you want to drop approx $600 on a monitor for your $1,000 drone, go ahead but I don't think DJI was really thinking about the Mavic when they designed the Crystal Sky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fistworthy
DJI decided to produce a fantastic monitor for their products, it truly is superb and yet, they also decided, in their infinite wisdom, to support all the various other non-DJI Apple and Android devices first in terms of updates for DJI Go4 so whilst I'm using version 4.1.10 on my Galaxy Note 8, the CS only has version 4.1.6.

7.85" HB Crystalsky for sale c/w Mavic brackets, car & mains chargers. UK.

I don't think that the Inspire 2 or the Phantom 4 series drones do quick shots so the update isn't that important to them. As I've said before, I believe the CS monitors were targeted towards the more expensive drones. Heck, we have guys on here complaining that their $30 phones aren't working perfectly with DJI Go 4, who would have thought that people would pay almost $600 for a monitor on a $1000 drone? They've focused on the devices that are actually used on the Mavic and Spark first. I doubt there's 10 Mavic guys with CS monitors for every 1000 Mavic owners. I wouldn't focus on the 10 before I took care of the 990. That would be ridiculous.

Reactions: darkster
I've also had another thought, instead of paying $650 for a 5.5 monitor, mount and charger from DJI. Just get an 6.2 unlocked S8+ for $600-700 and don't put a sim card in it. Then you can run your 3rd party drone apps like Litchi, have just as bright of a screen that is actually larger, that has all the latest updates and have a device that you can use for whatever when you're not flying. Just a thought.

I've also had another thought, instead of paying $650 for a 5.5 monitor, mount and charger from DJI. Just get an 6.2 unlocked S8+ for $600-700 and don't put a sim card in it. Then you can run your 3rd party drone apps like Litchi, have just as bright of a screen that is actually larger, that has all the latest updates and have a device that you can use for whatever when you're not flying. Just a thought.

Yes, that's kind of what I've done except I have the Note 8 which has a 1200 nit screen albiet only 6.3" instead of 7.85" on my CS. Plus I've just bought some Moverios BT300 glasses that do run 4.1.10 Go4. :)

Yes, that's kind of what I've done except I have the Note 8 which has a 1200 nit screen albiet only 6.3" instead of 7.85" on my CS. Plus I've just bought some Moverios BT300 glasses that do run 4.1.10 Go4. :)

And it fits in the controller without messing around with extra mounts and crap!

I drew and printed mine. I wanted the monitor to be behind the RC controller to see the Mavic RC screen. With this setup, it's easy to install my CS on my Inspire 1 RC.
20171028_135134.jpg 20171028_143244.jpg

I drew and printed mine. I wanted the monitor to be behind the RC controller to see the Mavic RC screen. With this setup, it's easy to install my CS on my Inspire 1 RC.
View attachment 23954 View attachment 23955

That looks cool but I doubt that fits in the shoulder bag. I'm no DJI fan boy but it's obvious that the CS monitors weren't really designed with the Mavic or Spark in mind. If it were it would fit into the controller out of the box. I'm still not sure why it's so thick, especially considering that the main battery is external.

Reactions: MavPro75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom