DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the US weather

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
thinking of you all in the US, during the so called weather bomb ,thats blanketing the US in extreme weather conditions at this time ,take care ,and i hope things improve soon

I know it's quite a serious freeze and good luck to those hit by it but on a lighter note, I have just read an article in the Washington Post about dog owners whose dogs 'need to go', even some of the dogs are 'feeling it' a bit though others of course just enjoy a romp on the snow.

I know it's quite a serious freeze and good luck to those hit by it but on a lighter note, I have just read an article in the Washington Post about dog owners whose dogs 'need to go', even some of the dogs are 'feeling it' a bit though others of course just enjoy a romp on the snow.

My poor pooch cried a bit after coming in from the yard due to cold paws.

I have booties for him to wear but he's a tough old retriever that takes care of business quickly and warms up afterwards.

It has warmed up to 7 degrees F / -14c.

Heat wave. 🥵

Reactions: Bandit1 and OkieDoc
thinking of you all in the US, during the so called weather bomb ,thats blanketing the US in extreme weather conditions at this time ,take care ,and i hope things improve soon
So called my (ll) .Yeah I’m cold 🥶

Speaking of weather, this is filmed today (12-24-2022)...

We are getting walloped here in Canada too from coast to coast - hundreds of flights cancelled, people stuck on trains for 17 hours, widespread power outages and temperatures in some parts of the country as low as -40C and -50C. Thankfully there have been no reported deaths so far as there have been in the US.

Stay safe.

Happy Holidays

Chris

Thanks OMM
Even here in Miami we are bundled up for 46 degrees F 7.778c
Dale

Appreciate the thoughts, but in reality the media has blown it way out of proportion. I live in Wisconsin and it’s winter. Really nothing unusual at all. Merry Christmas everybody!

We were supposed to be in Mount Vernon, Ohio, celebrating Christmas with our youngest son. As mentioned, our flight was cancelled the day before it was scheduled. The plus is we get to celebrate Christmas with our church family. Stay warm, even you Dale freezing in Miami.

We are getting walloped here in Canada too from coast to coast - hundreds of flights cancelled, people stuck on trains for 17 hours, widespread power outages and temperatures in some parts of the country as low as -40C and -50C. Thankfully there have been no reported deaths so far as there have been in the US.

Stay safe.

Happy Holidays

Chris
No one was flying drones in Quebec or Ontario yesterday with winds gusting to as much as 100 kph & the snow falling sideways

Last edited:
Yep, just winter! Nothing new or different about that. Some years it’s warmer and some years it’s colder.Why do we scream about the winter when it cold. And complain about the heat in summer. It’s hubristic, to think we have any thing to do with this weather. Put an extra blanket on and enjoy the seasonal changes!

Where I grew up we only got snow occasionally, but as a kid, dreaming of that magical combination that yields a white Christmas was a life long dream. Cold weather in winter is normal - even for us here in Florida - I just saw an icicle, not snow. . . . but I'll take it. :cool:

Walking to the car after work with the wind chill at -45 deg I can see how dangerous that is for those who are working in it. Truck drivers as well as USPS, Fed-Ex, UPS. Oh yeah, then there's the poor soul the tv station's put out there, someone who doesn't need to be out in it, but is. Frostbite is nothing to kid about, I know someone who had it and it's scary as hell, also the EMS and Police personal, workers for the light company. Thank you all for helping those who are stranded in this kind of weather.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448 and OkieDoc

Booties at 7F eh? We start putting booties on them around -30F for a short step outside to do their "business" :).

• Haha
Reactions: 4006448 and MA2 317

Stay safe.

Happy Holidays

Chris
Unfortunately my younger brother has died in a multi car crash outside of Edmonton, don’t know any details yet but I assume it’s a weather related car crashes. Len in the U.K.

That’s above zero, right, Dale? In Minnesota we had wind chills like that but with a minus sign in front. A 100 degree differential. 😱
I went to bed one day and it was -40F. Over night a chinook wind came through and it was +40. I had dressed to go out for -40F and had to go back inside and completely change my clothes....

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan