DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Theoretical: Equipment Required to Hover at a Target Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't you possibly hire a neighborhood kid to keep a record of her comings and goings for way cheaper than buying all that equipment?

ya, but no-fun-november is still 8 months away

Helpful suggestions so far have been: battery heat issue, extra cooling fans, 3rd platinum on standby, crew fatigue, battery charge time regarding which dongle you should use, and of course, the tethered matrice

Last edited:
Well that stinks and instead of cleaning out all the OT post in this I'm just moving it to OT . I'm not sure if you are trying to pull everyones leg here or not but
whatever.

Jb0W0fA.gif

thanks for derailing my thread everybody:cool:, literally a whole page about how much your cars are worth

thanks for derailing my thread everybody:cool:, literally a whole page about how much your cars are worth
Oh I wouldn't blame everyone as I deleted one of your post promoting your YT Chanel and seems for the post before your last one you seem to find this humorous . . I don't find what you are trying to do funny at all if what you want to do is true . Kinda sad and sick at the same time so just carry on from here .

Reactions: MiniPalourde
Well there are worse things a man could do in a jealous rage. I realize the insanity of this plan. I live in Colorado, and am a CFII at a small airport. I would never do anything where the FAA could revoke my certs. This is a thought experiment regarding the theoretical capabilities of the mavic, and nothing more. WWJBD What would Jason Bourne Do?
It was an interesting "thought experiment regarding the theoretical capabilities of the mavic" until you brought up spying on an unsuspecting third party. Then it became something else.

is flying a fixed wing rc much like instrument flying full size ac? do you have a 6 pack/MFD when flying? What kind of range do those get? Is it all GPS navigation? I'm new to RC stuff but would think a G1000 style fixed wing setup with FPV would be the bees, got some googlin' to do

Last edited:
Full disclosure I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is cheating on me I would like to see where she goes when I "go to work"
Just pay one off your mates to follow her. Simple. May people would do it for free with photos too prove as well

What would it take in theory to hover at a target indefinitely without losing FPV contact. Assuming the target is 0.25 miles (0.4km) away from takeoff, negligable wind, and 400' hover alt. Normal power supplied operating inside a large, plastic tent/ground station.

There are all kinds of US manufacturers that already have these in production for the US Government. Seen many at tech shows. Tethered to the ground. The now defunct 3D Robotics had a tether package for its hobby drone, Solo, that would do just that. Limiting factor is burnout time of the motors. It will just cost you $53,000 to surveil your girlfriend, so I'm sure it's worth it. :cool:

There are all kinds of US manufacturers that already have these in production for the US Government. Seen many at tech shows. Tethered to the ground. The now defunct 3D Robotics had a tether package for its hobby drone, Solo, that would do just that. Limiting factor is burnout time of the motors. It will just cost you $53,000 to surveil your girlfriend, so I'm sure it's worth it. :cool:
Give links to your US manufacturers please

Full disclosure I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is cheating on me I would like to see where she goes when I "go to work"
Just one guy's opinion. But, If this is your solution, one of you is screwed up enough that this relationship isn't going to work. If she is not fooling around and you put her under full time surveillance, she shouldn't be with you. If she is fooling around, you shouldn't be with her. Either way, park the drone, pull up your tent stakes, and do both of you a favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat