DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There's reason why a drone rules are in place. One YouTuber can spoil the fun for all :(

Of course, everyone who watches this increases the number of "views", which is the objective of the guy who posted it, especially if he has monetized it. Has anyone lodged a complaint with YouTube for showing a video made illegally? Or nudged the FAA? I'm sure they would be interested.

Recreational Flyers are not allowed to fly over moving traffic. Also at Flushing Meadows Corona Park, you can only fly within a registered AMA field in this park. Every where else there are No Drone signs posted. This YouTuber decides to fly outside the boundary - again, you are only allowed to fly within the confines of the flying field which is really small by the way. Occasionally, flights taking off from LGA fly over that lake during the ascend process.

It is this self-serving, tone-deaf, risky and illegal behavior that invites more and more regulation. I am in favor of no drone purchase without a Trust certificate. I now support the Remote ID. Something has to be done to bring safety back into this sport and business.

Reactions: projectarjun
What's also crazy is that he didn't even take off within the AMA field :( Oh, and he didn't use a landing pad either, poor Air 2 :(

Oh, they are taking turns flying the drone, I'm assuming they each have their own FAA Registration numbers ?

It is this self-serving, tone-deaf, risky and illegal behavior that invites more and more regulation. I am in favor of no drone purchase without a Trust certificate. I now support the Remote ID. Something has to be done to bring safety back into this sport and business.
We don't need government getting involved to fix stupid, ever.

Since you asked, I can excuse the way you look. I can’t excuse your sheer stupidity. Why on earth would you post this video? Forget it breaks every rule possible…oh, I see it now! The video is just plain BAD.

Since you asked, I can excuse the way you look. I can’t excuse your sheer stupidity. Why on earth would you post this video? Forget it breaks every rule possible…oh, I see it now! The video is just plain BAD.
I don't think that YouTuber has any idea about the rules and regulations, in terms of flying. What is even more concerning is that there could be many others that are doing the same thing with their first drone purchase. I thinks it time for DJI to include a verification step in their DJI apps to ensure that pilots have successfully completed the TRUST exam :(

Some of you people nit pick everything. I get there are rules and protocol but some of you come off like real blowhards And major know it alls. For a new flier this could make this hobby a turnoff from the drama.

The fact that you have time to dissect this video and tear it to shreds must say a lot about some of your personal lives. Comment on their video make suggestions. No need to turn a thread into a cesspool of hate.

Again I didn’t watch the video and judging from the comments clearly they did something wrong but again comment on their page don’t blast them on here.

If you have followed every drone rule and non written drone rule since you started flying god bless you but chances are you all have broken at least one once.

Going forward, it would be a good idea for DJI to incorporate a verification tool to ensure that the operator has at least completed the TRUST exam :)

Going forward, it would be a good idea for DJI to incorporate a verification tool to ensure that the operator has at least completed the TRUST exam :)
Might help with some, but there are a ton of folks out there who have passed a driver's license exam that consciously break traffic laws every day. I guess if it were required, then they would not have "I didn't know!" as a defense in court.

Reactions: projectarjun
I chalk this up to the youthful enthusiasm and excitement of having a new toy. They are a cute couple who simply need some education. I don't see them as being like our Philly guy who was being willfully reckless. I think a phone call from the FAA with some eduction would be in order (and they should take down the video IMHO).
I think so too. One call from the FAA should do it.

I suggest you watch the video before you have a go at the " know it alls ".
They have no basic commen sense at all and are the type of drone flyers that give us all a bad name.

Flew down over the lake where there were 2 or 3 birds, even commented that they were frightened
Terrorizing animals is Evil.

The birds in my canyon react differently. I've been feeding them on my back deck for about 18 months, and they seem mostly curious about this new, weird bird that comes from where the food is.

A week or so ago, I was doing a post-lift-off check, and a hummingbird zipped by, then stopped, turned around, and watched my drone for a few seconds. Then the little hummer just continued on its original course.

I don't know if the eagles, much higher up, have noticed the drone, but if they have, they seem completely indifferent to it. Neither food nor threat, I guess.

TCS

Reactions: DroneToJoy
I don't think that YouTuber has any idea about the rules and regulations, in terms of flying. What is even more concerning is that there could be many others that are doing the same thing with their first drone purchase. I thinks it time for DJI to include a verification step in their DJI apps to ensure that pilots have successfully completed the TRUST exam :(
I dunno...sounds a bit too Borgian for me.

I think the TRUST requirement is a good one, with a few things that need to be fixed.

I think using it as an interlock would be a terrible idea.

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89