DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There's reason why a drone rules are in place. One YouTuber can spoil the fun for all :(

projectarjun

Reactions
Recreational Flyers are not allowed to fly over moving traffic. Also at Flushing Meadows Corona Park, you can only fly within a registered AMA field in this park. Every where else there are No Drone signs posted. This YouTuber decides to fly outside the boundary - again, you are only allowed to fly within the confines of the flying field which is really small by the way. Occasionally, flights taking off from LGA fly over that lake during the ascend process.

Exactly, @2:48 :(

If stupidity would cause pain, some people would walk around crying for pain all day

What's even more alarming is that at times you will see planes as they take off from LGA airport flying right over that lake, way too risky. The wildlife is already disturbed by vehicular and human foot traffic surrounding every part of that lake :(

thanks for sharing!

on a personal level as someone who does their best to encourage and follow the drone rules
i am not even going to try to comment on the video ,as if i did i would probably be thrown off the forum for my bad language, nuff said

Recreational Flyers are not allowed to fly over moving traffic. Also at Flushing Meadows Corona Park, you can only fly within a registered AMA field in this park. Every where else there are No Drone signs posted. This YouTuber decides to fly outside the boundary - again, you are only allowed to fly within the confines of the flying field which is really small by the way. Occasionally, flights taking off from LGA fly over that lake during the ascend process.

Could you say a bit more about "AMA Fields"?

Is there any way for me to see if there are any near me? Zip code 89705.

If there are, then AMA may well be something that I'd like to do.

Thx!

TCS

Could you say a bit more about "AMA Fields"?

Is there any way for me to see if there are any near me? Zip code 89705.

If there are, then AMA may well be something that I'd like to do.

Thx!

TCS
Some AMA fields are situated in parks that have No Drones signs, however in most designated AMA fields flying RC aircraft are permitted, just be sure to be an AMA member

If stupidity would cause pain, some people would walk around crying for pain all day
Eventually stupidity frequently does cause pain. But the gap between the action and the consequence is frequently long enough that people don't make the connection.

Particularly stupid people...

:)

TCS

Some AMA fields are situated in parks that have No Drones signs, however in most designated AMA fields flying RC aircraft are permitted, just be sure to be an AMA member
I'm looking to find out if there are any AMA fields reasonably close to me.

If there are, I'll join AMA, and go check them out.

Thx,

TCS

They are flying during civil twilight, which requires anti-collision lighting.

I don’t see them flying over the highway. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t, but the video doesn’t show it.

Edit:
Shows flying over at 2:58

Last edited:
Reactions: projectarjun
They are flying during civil twilight, which requires anti-collision lighting.

I don’t see them flying over the highway. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t, but the video doesn’t show it.
Go back and watch again. At 2:58 or so you will see they are following a highway.

Go back and watch again. At 2:58 or so you will see they are following a highway.
Ah, there it is. I stand corrected - thanks. I was looking at a different shot…

I chalk this up to the youthful enthusiasm and excitement of having a new toy. They are a cute couple who simply need some education. I don't see them as being like our Philly guy who was being willfully reckless. I think a phone call from the FAA with some eduction would be in order (and they should take down the video IMHO).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM