DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about buying Mavic Pro Refurbished.

Morketh

Reactions
Any cons to buying refurbished directly from DJI?
If you choose to use State Farm insurance instead of DJI Refresh do they care that it has been refurbished?
Does the .edu email address 10% discount work on refurbs?

I'm not sure of the cons buying a refurb from DJI but people are constantly putting their used Mavic's up for sale on this board with good deals. I've seen a number listed with very low mileage & no crashes whereas you have no idea what you're getting with a refurb.

I'm not sure of the cons buying a refurb from DJI but people are constantly putting their used Mavic's up for sale on this board with good deals. I've seen a number listed with very low mileage & no crashes whereas you have no idea what you're getting with a refurb.

What are the cons of buying from an individual? I read that you cannot use DJI Refresh with one unless they already had it on there and it can be transferred.
Also I'd rather have State Farm insure it since it is $60 for a year and they cover everything, even loss of the drone so I was curious how State Farm treats it if you buy from an individual and don't have a receipt.

I read that you cannot use DJI Refresh with one unless they already had it on there and it can be transferred.
You can buy DJI Care Refresh for a used Mavic. The only difference is that you must submit a video like this to DJI to show the Mavic is in working order.

Oh one last thing. A refurb comes with a one year warranty whereas just buying used comes with only what is left of the warranty. That is what decided me on a refurb

Buying refurbished is a good option but the price is still higher than used ones. Some people have used ones and even combo + extra stuff for sale here at a very low price. If you are ok with refurbished price which is $799 and that is for the drone only. Now, you buy another battery say at $70 (used one on eBay). The total is now $870 and that's just the drone, controller and 2 batteries. You don't get extra stuff like backpack, landing pad, gear, filters, etc...

Used ones don't mean they are out of warranty. Some are still under warranty for a good couple of months. And if you want to upgrade in the future, refurbished items in general will lose value at a higher rate.

I just did this exact thing last week. Vendor on ebay $779 w/ two day shipping, original DJI warranty as it was new. Already have it and my Phantom insured through state farm.
Item looked like brand now and was only 40 days old from the manufacture date when I ran the serial number. When buying a new Mavic, some set on the shelf longer than that.
Hard to beat in my opnion.

I just did this exact thing last week. Vendor on ebay $779 w/ two day shipping, original DJI warranty as it was new. Already have it and my Phantom insured through state farm.
Item looked like brand now and was only 40 days old from the manufacture date when I ran the serial number. When buying a new Mavic, some set on the shelf longer than that.
Hard to beat in my opnion.
I bought a refurb from DroneNerds. $799, no tax, free shipping, 1 yr warranty. Looks and flies like new. Packaged as new with all original equipment in original box including 2 extra props. You must have bought the one from the NY seller. $20 cheaper than mine but I would have had to pay tax on it.

I bought a refurb from DroneNerds. $799, no tax, free shipping, 1 yr warranty. Looks and flies like new. Packaged as new with all original equipment in original box including 2 extra props. You must have bought the one from the NY seller. $20 cheaper than mine but I would have had to pay tax on it.
Yes your right it was the NY seller. And ya in that case I see your point. Have had to call them to ask questions about a receipt for the insurance, and they seemed great. Authorized dealer I guess.

Refurbs are nearly indistinguishable from new with the same 1 year warranty, and are 20% less.
Happy with mine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78