DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of buying a 2 Pro. But want to check the range of a U. K model...

Robstene Hardy

Reactions
Hello..

I've recently bought the Mavic Mini as I have a church near my house and thought I'd be able to reach it from my back garden but (although I still love my MM) it's range is just too poor...

Can any UK owners with a UK Mavic Pro 2 let me know real distances they get with their Mavic Pro and where they'd recommend buying from... Especially with finance options...

I was going to buy from Drones Direct but they've put the price up by around £150 for their *January Sales*...

Many thanks...

The CE standard is adopted in UK right ? If it is so, the range will be about 1.8km. It can be increased to at least 7 km with antenna modification. If FCC modification is added on top, it will exceed 14 km

Reactions: Robstene Hardy
The CE standard is adopted in UK right ? If it is so, the range will be about 1.8km. It can be increased to at least 7 km with antenna modification. If FCC modification is added on top, it will exceed 14 km

Brilliant. Thanks for your detailed reply. I don't know if just over a mile would be worth the upgrade then? But the extenders for the antennas sound good...

Still quite tempted... :)

if you are going to come on this forum and talk about possibly breaking the current rules,then you must put up with posts as no#2 just how far is this wonderful church from your home, you could of course get nearer to the church and then the MM will be able to film it

if you are going to come on this forum and talk about possibly breaking the current rules,then you must put up with posts as no#2 just how far is this wonderful church from your home, you could of course get nearer to the church and then the MM will be able to film it
This is true. I could always get nearer the church but flying there from my home would be great. (The flight path by the way, luckily,
is open countryside)

The church is wonderful yes! It's the one from the film A Monster Calls...

Does anyone know of any good finance deals for the Mavic 2??

even if you would be flying over open countryside,would you still be able to have VLOS at the distance the church is from your home

Reactions: Mavic 57
I have a M2 Pro and Airdata states my max distance from him has been 8400ft

which gives it a range of 8km or 5miles
Not in the UK stock it wont. Only USA has full power FCC levels, rest of the world its CE which is a lot less power.
It will be *way* more than the likes of the MM and MA though.

I had a MA before I got my M2 and the range increase was night and day.

It seems a considerable expense to have as main criteria being able to video a single church that you could walk to and video with a MM anyway. We therefore assume that there would be other churches to video? and possibly not visible from your roof. Roofs are not good in wind as indeed MMs aren't so maybe terra firma would be advisable.

The church may loom large from your roof and a mile away but your MM or even a M2P won't. Countryside is completely irrelevant in respect of UK drone flying restrictions. VLOS is ALL that counts.

I get 2-3KM from my MP2 and still have 4 bars of signal, no issue. Any further than that juts isn't worth the risk.

Spending a grand and half just so you dont have to walk a mile up the road seems strange, but each to their own.

Very.co.uk have a decent 0% interest payment scheme currently:

https://www.very.co.uk/dji-mavic-2-...0284639.prd?_requestid=482505&Ntt=mavic pro 2

Wouldn't be surprised if Argos do similar if you use their store card.

the church or the drone or both ?
The church! The Drones nowhere to be seen... And as for letting go off the chimney and scaling back down....
It seems a considerable expense to have as main criteria being able to video a single church that you could walk to and video with a MM anyway. We therefore assume that there would be other churches to video? and possibly not visible from your roof. Roofs are not good in wind as indeed MMs aren't so maybe terra firma would be advisable.

The church may loom large from your roof and a mile away but your MM or even a M2P won't. Countryside is completely irrelevant in respect of UK drone flying restrictions. VLOS is ALL that counts.
Thank You. I respect your respect of UK drone flying restrictions...

Obviously I don't really stand on my roof. That would be far more dangerous than my possible, temporary loss of VLOS over the baron moorland behind my house...

But I will try harder as I learn from my first attempts as a new pilot. ?

I get 2-3KM from my MP2 and still have 4 bars of signal, no issue. Any further than that juts isn't worth the risk.

Spending a grand and half just so you dont have to walk a mile up the road seems strange, but each to their own.

Very.co.uk have a decent 0% interest payment scheme currently:

https://www.very.co.uk/dji-mavic-2-...0284639.prd?_requestid=482505&Ntt=mavic pro 2

Wouldn't be surprised if Argos do similar if you use their store card.
Thanks mate. I will check out Very and Argos...
Obviously I'd walk to and fly from many places... The point I didn't really get across very well was I was hoping the MM range would have been great enough to reach the said church from my house... But being in the UK, I was just a bit disappointed with the CE model we have here, especially after watching tons of YouTube videos of the MM, mainly from the US and not realising there was a difference in models before actually buying it...

Thanks for the tip..

Reactions: old man mavic
Obviously I'd walk to and fly from many places... The point I didn't really get across very well was I was hoping the MM range would have been great enough to reach the said church from my house... But being in the UK, I was just a bit disappointed with the CE model we have here, especially after watching tons of YouTube videos of the MM, mainly from the US and not realising there was a difference in models before actually buying it...

Thanks for the tip..

I modded the antennae on mine and did an 11km fight out and back in Albania where there is currently no vlos or Max height in the drone code

You will have to register the Mavic 2 in the UK as it's over 250g. It might focus your responsibility when taking the 20 question CAA test.

When I bought my first DJI drone the Mavic Pro, I had watched YouTube videos etc and thought I can fly everywhere, little did I know the rules and fines vary by country. Much to my disappointment I soon realised drones where not lawless flying cameras.

Now 3 years later the rules have tightened and personally I stick to the rules, VLOS being one that is essential, you won't be able to see, or take avoiding action if an Air ambulance etc. flying low towards your drone behind or from the sides if your flying two miles away BVLOS.

The Mavic 2, just like say a Ferrari, has exceptional performance, does n't mean you can use either to their max potential. (Mp2 great range / Ferrari top speed).

Wishing all safe and Happy New Year.

Thanks for the tip..

I modded the antennae on mine and did an 11km fight out and back in Albania where there is currently no vlos or Max height in the drone code
Wow... What was the mod?! Is there a YouTube link??
You will have to register the Mavic 2 in the UK as it's over 250g. It might focus your responsibility when taking the 20 question CAA test.

When I bought my first DJI drone the Mavic Pro, I had watched YouTube videos etc and thought I can fly everywhere, little did I know the rules and fines vary by country. Much to my disappointment I soon realised drones where not lawless flying cameras.

Now 3 years later the rules have tightened and personally I stick to the rules, VLOS being one that is essential, you won't be able to see, or take avoiding action if an Air ambulance etc. flying low towards your drone behind or from the sides if your flying two miles away BVLOS.

The Mavic 2, just like say a Ferrari, has exceptional performance, does n't mean you can use either to their max potential. (Mp2 great range / Ferrari top speed).

Wishing all safe and Happy New Year.
Very well put. Thank you. Happy New year :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661