DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Third party app updates

TheCaptain

Reactions
Will third party apps (Air Control) installed on the RC Pro update themselves, or do I need to install updates manually?

No. On an android phone with the Google Play store installed, Google Play performs the updates.

Some third party apps can update themselves, but that's very app dependent. DJI Fly will update itself, but it's also not on the Play Store.

Since Play Store app cannot be installedon the RC Pro, no, they will not update. You need to manually update them. I installed APK Pure App on my RC Pro and installed the others using it. All the updates are done through APK Pure now. It works pretty much the same as Play Store.

Reactions: oztx
Since Play Store app cannot be installedon the RC Pro, no, they will not update. You need to manually update them. I installed APK Pure App on my RC Pro and installed the others using it. All the updates are done through APK Pure now. It works pretty much the same as Play Store.
I will look into that. I just got the apk from the net and used the microSD to install.

However, if you've installed the Amazon AppStore in order to get Litchi, that should update automatically if you have that setting checked.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Are you saying that DJI released the APK for the Mavic 3 (since you referred to the RCPro) so we can upload Dronelink, Drone Deploy, Litchi, etc?
Not at all. You’re referring to SDK. APK is an application package for android devices.

You can load any app you want into the RC Pro, but the apps you mentioned don’t work with the 3 series consumer drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure