Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is why I hate and always refuse updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswissa

Reactions
Hello guys,

long time DJI fan since the phantom vision. I have always avoided firmware updates simply because it almost always results in some kind of a failure during or after the process, and more rules. Sure, we can argue that updates yield better overall stability and new features, but if you are truly happy with your drone the way it is, I advise you to avoid updates as its just a hassle. I have had my Mavic pro since launch date, and I haven't updated it ina few years, I never had any issues thus far. I always ignore the update warning and fly withough incident.

Apparently this isn't the case with my newly purchased Mavic mini. Had a great fight yesterday evening for the first time, gave it a 5 star amazon review. This morning, I went for another flight but before I can even take off, my drone was LOCKED until the firmware update. So I say, why not? not like I have a choice anyways. Update went smooth, drone reset, and now my battery cell failed thanks to the update. Unfortunately I only have one battery, so I guess the drone is useless and is getting returned. Completely unavoidable but just thought I would warn everyone in advance. Buy an extra battery and keep it flying.

Reactions: scooot
Totally agree,if it ain’t broken leave well alone.I also had a Mavic and only done 1 update.It was flying great so why risk adding bugs.I am also a firm believer in not doing compass and Imu calibrations Unless 100% required.

it seems that dji are with this new app trying to make sure that you have to update whether you want to or not,to comply with geo fencing restrictions with regards to no fly zones in an attempt to appease law makers around the world,and that could be why before very long the go fly app will likely replace the go4 app

And since the Mini is effectively beta with lots of missing features and containing bugs, we'll need to update firmware and app for the next 6 months.
No unlocking of NFZ is the biggest example.

Reactions: paul050079
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998