DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This may be a real dumb question, but gonna ask it anyway.

jb_4_rc

Reactions
Is there someway to get the CS going on non DJI devices? I think it would be highly unlikely,
and be a major, if not unrealistic mod. I've only had one a few weeks, and it is very sweet.
Would love to use it for other birds.

It's basically an Android tablet with limited third party apps, so it should be possible to run with other drones. It would require side-loading the needed apps or side-load the Google Play app and from there download the needed apps.

It's basically an Android tablet with limited third party apps, so it should be possible to run with other drones. It would require side-loading the needed apps or side-load the Google Play app and from there download the needed apps.
Isn’t Ocusync 2.0 requiered?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steady Eddie
interesting.... maybe something like this

I fly my Autel Evo with the Crystal Sky, if thats what you mean by non-DJI.

I fly my Autel Evo with the Crystal Sky, if thats what you mean by non-DJI.

Using the autel explorer app, I presume? lets the CS talk to the evo controller?

Well....that is non-dji, but I was thinking on the terms of your own build quad, or plane maybe.
I was thinking more on the terms of a runcam, gopro, moebius...etc

but it looks like it can be done?

Put it this way:
If the quad is built to connect to an Android, and you have the skills to sideload the app, it should work.

Yes sir re..... I use it a lot on the EVO... I also use the Avegant Glyph goggles with the CS...It is a really cool setup..

Last edited:
Remember that DJI's version of Android on the CS is 5.1.1 (similar to the Nvidia K1 when that came out).
Apk's need to be loaded onto the CS that are compatible.

I point this out as i noticed that DJI's CS version does not allow streaming via RTMP, for that i have to go back to the iPad. Good thing Apple doesn't allow DJI to mess with it's OS.

Isn’t Ocusync 2.0 requiered?
Good, if somewhat technical overview there.Those with a technical leaning and understanding of RF technology would understand better.
Thanks for that work with the spectrum analyser. Kudos to Mad RC, well done.

Last edited:
Reactions: MedicFL1
He does some In Depth reviews for the Cendence /Smart and Here Remote Controllers too.
Definitely worth watching his videos if interested in the subject.
Loading APK's is not difficult, if there is one available for you product - just keep an eye on your RAM usage.
Plus, didn't i here that there was a maximum number of App's that could be loaded overall ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143