DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This pertains to any drone

7d1

Reactions
Ok so I have a general question regarding my drone but it will really apply to any aircraft.

I have an extra Samsung Note 9 that I have been successfully able to secure to my dji drone. The phone has a Flir one Pro thermal imager attached to it. So far the footage has been good but I am blind to what it is seeing until after I land and remove my phone.

Is there any option that would allow me to stream to another device or display, long range? I can screen mirror in close proximity but nothing further.

Also the flir one is on an extension Cable from the phone so it is almost acting like a stand alone unit. Is there a way to add this to a gimbal of some sort to be able to control pan and tilt? Total weight of the flir one is 3 oz and again is running off a cable to a stationary phone.

New here and hoping someone with some experience in the field can assist.

Thanks in advance.

SUAS has a bunch of videos HERE about how to make a long range transmitter for a flir system that is light enough to piggyback on the drone, even a Mini, and transmit to a second screen. No idea if you can buy a gimbal and retrofit it onto an existing consumer/hobby drone. Typically, only pro drones have that option and it gets into $10K+ range very quickly. The Evo II Dual and Mavic 2 Advanced Enterprise do what you want for around $7K.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
I just saw an announcement that Android 12 is going to support live video streaming.

TCS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming