DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THIS WAS A GOOD FORUM UNTIL THE ( MOD REMOVED ) AIR CAME ALONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... this thread....

As someone owns both Mavics, there’s very little difference in them. Both are great quads with a lot in common.

But, does it really matter? I mean, we all share the same hobby.. there’s enough crap coming from people hating on this hobby without in fighting. We should be supporting each other regardless of what platform we use.

Then start their own forum and stop high-jacking this one....

This is Mavic Pilots. Not a Mavic Pro Pilots. It’s as much 'their' forum as anyone’s.

Just over look me as I'm just reading in amusment.
deer.gif

Just to weigh in, I agree basically with this post. Not that there shouldn't be discussion forums for everyone's drone, but I find it tedious to have to wade through posts about drones I don't have, don't want and don't need to know about.

I was expecting this forum to be a place to learn & share about the drone I own, the Mavic Pro which I consider to be a serious tool for capturing aerial images, hence the name Pro. IMHO a wifi drone bears little resemblance and has virtually no comparison to the capabilities and specifics of the MP or MPP regardless of the features it might have misappropriated. DJI and the other drone makers just want to flood the airways with cheap flying machines and while that may be good for their greedy bottom line, I perceive that it cannot ultimately be a good thing for the profession or the hobby.

If I read dirkclod's post correctly, there is separation on the forum and we are encouraged to notify the MODs when we consider a post to be out of place. Is that right?

Just to weigh in, I agree basically with this post. Not that there shouldn't be discussion forums for everyone's drone, but I find it tedious to have to wade through posts about drones I don't have, don't want and don't need to know about.

I must admit that I hesitated to even post my "opinion" for fear that it would generate a reaction. Come on folks, we aren't trying to high jack or trash the sport. Why call people out for raising an opinion?

My point on the combined forum is that it's caused me to lose a bit of interest here. I have a Mavic pro. I'm not saying that the Air is less or better, I'm just not as interested since I don't own one.

For example, things that don't interest me as much regarding the Air include discussions on distance, speeds, camera (filters, settings, examples photos, etc.), accessories, modifications, for sales, product announcements, links....

Air is good - Mavic pro is good.

Regarding the (weekly) Mavic discussions via the e-mail.
It would be better to keep the forums specific. Pro for Pro, Air for Air and Spark for Spark etc., etc. Also, link all 'General discussions' with the several different forums, the do apply to each and every type of drone, be it DJI or some other make.
The forum is becoming too diverse.

That critter sure doesn't swallow very often. I watched for 5 minutes. Never did see him swallow.
Ya got to wait for it Sprocket :)

I have all three. I now fly the spark for scouting shots and planning. I use the Air for higher quality shooting, and the Pro holds a spot on my shelf while waiting to see what the Pro 2 offers. If it's nothing more than I can do with the Air, I'll keep the original on the shelf for a paperweight.

All in all, it's not the worst thing in thew world to have so much here to go through, considering the alternative.

When the Mavic 2 gets here, it's going to be nuts.

I am not sure why all the controversy... just ignore the section of the forum that doesn’t interest you. That’s why it is broken down into sections. With almost 55K members there are bound to be some misplaced post. If someone post in the wrong area be sure and report it and the staff will move it to the correct location. Be sure when you make post they are in the proper area.

When we opened the Mavic forum, some members of the Phantom forum were miffed because they had to sign up on another forum just for the Mavic. Some wanted the Mavic & Phantoms on the same forum which would have been chaos. We could see back then that DJI was going to offer many new models in the future so it made sense to have separate forums for different models, but not for different versions of the same model, hence the Phantom forum and the Mavic forum. DJI chose to add the Air to the Mavic series so that’s why it is part of the Mavic forum. I am sure newer models of the Mavic will make its way to consumers so as the series grows, so will the sections in the forum to offer a dedicated area to each model in the Mavic series. This is the best way to keep things organized.

We are always striving to make the forum better. If you have an idea or suggestion please message myself or Dirkclod and it will be reviewed.

So with this message I am going to close this thread as it has reached its denouement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J