DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THIS WAS A GOOD FORUM UNTIL THE ( MOD REMOVED ) AIR CAME ALONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masa

Reactions
Yea, I know it's called a "Mavic" Air although almost all features and size are more like the spark. Now when I'm reading almost any thread it's AIR this and AIR that. DJI could have named it plain and simple DJI AIR. Anyone else?1524480211916.jpg

Yea, I know it's called a "Mavic" Air although almost all features and size are more like the spark. Now when I'm reading almost any thread it's AIR this and AIR that. DJI could have named it plain and simple DJI AIR. Anyone else?View attachment 36341
No, you aren't the only one that feels that way. It was nice when this forum was basically only about the Pro. Sure you had posts here and there about goggles and such, but now it seems like half the posts are about the air.

Yea, I know it's called a "Mavic" Air although almost all features and size are more like the spark. Now when I'm reading almost any thread it's AIR this and AIR that. DJI could have named it plain and simple DJI AIR. Anyone else?View attachment 36341

I agree with you...

Reactions: Kazz
There Is a Mavic Pro section and a Mavic Air section . You don't want to read about the Air then stay out of that section . Kinda simple .
You see a thread posted in the wrong section then hit the report button and it will be moved as soon as it is seen .

The guaranteed easiest way to tell a bitter, jealous Pro owner is as soon as they say the Air is just a Spark. :rolleyes:

The more intelligent Pro owners understand that the Air fits in the product lineup for DJI between the Spark and the Pro and draws features from both.

Regardless it’s time to change the forum name to MavicAirandProPilots. :D

There Is a Mavic Pro section and a Mavic Air section . You don't want to read about the Air then stay out of that section . Kinda simple .
You see a thread posted in the wrong section then hit the report button and it will be moved as soon as it is seen .
It's not about being in the wrong section or anything, it's that they're there in the first place. You hit new posts and tons of Air posts pop up. There is a separate forum for the spark, so why not for the air. They are both totally separate drones and only share the Mavic name. Why not have the Spark here too? The spark and the Mavic Pro have about as much in common as the Air and the Mavic Pro.

The guaranteed easiest way to tell a bitter, jealous Pro owner is as soon as they say the Air is just a Spark. :rolleyes:

The more intelligent Pro owners understand that the Air fits in the product lineup for DJI between the Spark and the Pro and draws features from both.

Regardless it’s time to change the forum name to MavicAirandProPilots. :D
Bitter anf jealous pro owner me?? I beg your pardon, i have changed dozens of parameters and I love my Mavic PRO. You try to fly 1Km high or 80Km/h... or make the gimbal go back to straight angle automatically when landing. Or RTH at 16m/s with GPS. So you enjoy your wifi-air. Peace and good will amongst mankind. [emoji4]

Bitter anf jealous pro owner me?? I beg your pardon, i have changed dozens of parameters and I love my Mavic PRO. You try to fly 1Km high or 80Km/h... or make the gimbal go back to straight angle automatically when landing. Or RTH at 16m/s with GPS. So you enjoy your wifi-air. Peace and good will amongst mankind. [emoji4]
I know. I was like umm....when I read that too. Thought it was a bit of an odd thing to say.

"From the other side of the fence" I understand your point of view, and IMO it is valid.

I recently bought my 1st ever DJI product the Mavic Air, and it seems I need to sift through quite a few "Pro" threads to find my Air answers, lol ;)

I never understood why DJI decided to give the Pro & Air a name marriage. I would have bought the Air even if it didn't have the Mavic name included. Was DJI trying to give the Air an instant credibility boost?

Good thing there are specific sub-sections in this forum!

DJI is about the worse at naming their products. The Pro and Air are just the latest examples. Pro is a terrible name to call a product. But look at the Phantoms:

Phantom 3 Standard
Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Advanced
Phantom 3 SE
Phantom 3 4K

Phantom 3 is the make. So what is a "4K"? If a person were to guess, it has a 4K camera? Well, so does the "Professional". I guess DJI continued on the terrible "Pro" name from the Phantom 3 into the Mavic line.

Also, the Air does not share more with the Spark. it has more features like the Pro (camera, folding body, etc.) and it's size is really right in between both.

Coming soon.. The Mavic Zoom! Then Mavic Workhorse, then the Mavic Super Pro, then Mavic Micro Air,... Brand dilution is as old as the oldest profession.

What we need is a way to indicate which forums we want to see new posts from. Air owners could disregard prop posts, and vice-versa. Or skip anything in Off-Topic or Classifieds for example.
Your saying something like a forum list.
With different sections with headings like general, Pro, Pro Platinum, Air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto