DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought it was gone, heart pounding...

BuzzProp

Reactions
After rainy morning, wanted to do test flight for good altitude and angle towards downtown before trying to catch some fireworks shots in 4th July evening.
I usually use my cheap android for interface, never had the problem with my iphone6s. After couple big circles, returning home, phone lost the connection, no location, no altitude, no picture nothing, mavic just cut the feed. Well.. for some seconds, heart beat hard, emotions run crazy, sad for bucks spent or to spend to replace it. Haha. Well I didn’t gove any attention to rc controller rpms was there altitude was there, as i looked up, here you are hanging up there at 300ft, looking at me, here i am buddy what’s going on. Oh by the way mavic night shots are not too great. Lol.

Was the RC still connected? I've had my iPhone 7plus disconnect several times lately as well but the RC maintains a connection.

Was the AC directly above you when you looked up? If so, it may have lost connection due to antennae angle.

I also get that from time to time. It is only the phone disconnecting, you still have full control of the bird.

I have to restart the controller and the app before phone starts to work again.
If your Home point is correct don't be afraid to restart the controller while the bird is still in the air, it will initiate RTH and reconnect again once remote is turned on, I once did it at 4km out and it reconnected like normal.

From what I have seen the cable the first thing to check. I have yet to change the cable as it does not happen all that often.

The first time it happened to me my heart rate also jumped quite a bit lol. Until I realized the remote screen is still showing it is happily flying:D

Yes. I tried to check all the vital signs, just wasn’t so convinced that rc was still getting feedback but phone was disconnected. Eyesight important.
having a live backup feed to live data could have saved the day;)

Prospero, it wasn’t straight up, it was like you wearing a cap and looking up to tip of it. I did turn phone off and on didn’t work. I trusted the rth thought thats why i hoped it would come back right before it was hanging in air.

Right before i saw it hanging in the air. But bottom line is it was panicking mode. Yes i will send it out of my sight for fun but mainly what it has been always said is keep it in your eyesight. Wytnyt, What do you mean by having a live backup feed...

Right before i saw it hanging in the air. But bottom line is it was panicking mode. Yes i will send it out of my sight for fun but mainly what it has been always said is keep it in your eyesight. Wytnyt, What do you mean by having a live backup feed...
i was referring to the evo,i pulled the cable to the phone and it reverted to live rc feed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada