DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought my Mavic Pro had a faulty camera..

BeardieFPV

Reactions
Alright guys.. So for the past 2 years I have been moving more and more into shooting video for clients, rather than only providing aerial stills.
But the issue I have had the entire time since I owned the Mavic Pro was that the video has just always looked absolutely awful..
I tried everything, kept ISO at 100, 1 over 2x the framerate etc.. Well I have a job with a client coming up and they want a short clip of a property for sale, and I was growing nervous about delivering crap footage or telling them that I don't shoot any video at all.
So for the heck of it I decided to examine the SD card and realized that the card I had been writing on was only a "U1" card by Lexar. I quickly replaced the card with one of my Sandisk Extremes and recorded a test video, color graded and exported on my PC and It was a world of difference..

Has anyone else here had any rookie mistakes like that? lol

Not that mistake, but . . .
With my M1P I took off early on a few times with the gimbal clamp still on.
Big mistake.
The last time I did that (before my fix) on a desert 4wd trip and flew off in excitement one morning with it on not realising or seeing any of the warnings which would have been present.
Well, the minute or two was enough to give me a gimbal overload and burn out motor so it was useless for the remainder of the trip :(
To DJIs credit, even with my error, they sent me a refurb and it’s still flying perfectly today :)

Affix the fluro rescue ribbon, can’t happen.

I took off early on a few times with the gimbal clamp still on.

Fasten a small ribbon onto the gimbal cover with the words "Remove Before Flight" written on it and you will never make that mistake again no matter how much of a hurry are in or distracted you are...

Fasten a small ribbon onto the gimbal cover with the words "Remove Before Flight" written on it and you will never make that mistake again no matter how much of a hurry are in or distracted you are...
Did that with the refurb clamp immediately received.
This was probably 4+ years ago.
A foot long piece of pink rescue tape, still on today, although pre flight checks are now pretty routine.

Reactions: BeardieFPV
I quickly replaced the card with one of my Sandisk Extremes

I clipped a tree, my Mini 2 fell down onto a dirt road that is seldom used, but not this day… The Mini 2 was driven over by a pickup truck driving down the road. I removed the props (like it mattered, they were shattered), the battery (an 1/8" thinner that when it started), and the MicroSD Card and sent my baby back under the DJI Care Refresh Policy.

I put the card into my computer, my desktop, and my smartphone and none of them could read the card. It was not marked, cracked, or any other indications of having been in the drone when it was crushed. When the New Mini 2 arrived, I inserted the card in and the Mini 2 gave no indication of a card being inserted. The card was DEAD!

I put an older much slower card in my Mini 2, expecting the worse and I soon realized the worst nightmares. When I shot a Photo, the App indicates the processing of the data by an arc that runs around the White Dot that indicates a Photo Mode in the App. Previously, the Arc ran around the Dot very, very quickly, almost too fast to see. With the slower card, the arc crept around the White Dot, taking a few seconds. It took a long time to store the 12-megapixels onto the card. 4K video was completely out of the question and 2.7 stuttered and missed frames…

I went on line and soon found out that SanDisk offers a Lifetime Warranty on their MicroSD Cards, I sent it back and within a week, I had a new MicroSD Card that was quickly installed into my Mini 2 and Quick Photos and full Videos are restored, all is at peace in the world…

I clipped a tree, my Mini 2 fell down onto a dirt road that is seldom used, but not this day… The Mini 2 was driven over by a pickup truck driving down the road. I removed the props (like it mattered, they were shattered), the battery (an 1/8" thinner that when it started), and the MicroSD Card and sent my baby back under the DJI Care Refresh Policy.
At least it wasn't tracked excavator.
Their average ground pressure may be low, but they do flat work out of things sticking out.
Once tried with empty tin cans and result was basically tin cans stamped together plate...

Reactions: BeardieFPV
Not that mistake, but . . .
With my M1P I took off early on a few times with the gimbal clamp still on.
Big mistake.
The last time I did that (before my fix) on a desert 4wd trip and flew off in excitement one morning with it on not realising or seeing any of the warnings which would have been present.
Well, the minute or two was enough to give me a gimbal overload and burn out motor so it was useless for the remainder of the trip :(
To DJIs credit, even with my error, they sent me a refurb and it’s still flying perfectly today :)

Affix the fluro rescue ribbon, can’t happen.
Well that's a better idea than what I did , I put a label on all batteries , and still didn't remove gimbal cover , so put one on the drone battery start button , but the ribbon idea is way better, thanks for the input , I am a beginner only flew for the first time 3 days ago.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada