DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time Limit Flying Back to Back

2lowterrain

Reactions
Did DJI issue a certain number of times that you can fly a Mavic Pro back to back using multiple batteries, or is there a user known number out there do use as a rule of thumb?

Obviously my concern is overheating the aircraft, especially in the summer time in Florida! Common sense seems to dictate that operating it back to back More than two or three times Would overheat it, or at the very least not be good on it!

And one final thing, is there any published maintenance manual for these things or at least one that someone has made up? Under part 107 the FAA wants us to keep a maintenance record, but I need to know what kind of maintenance record they are looking for? For example, do the propellers have a time limit for replacement? Just stuff like that

Thank you for your help!

Reactions: mereflyer
Since I have been flying I have always had at least 3 batterys
and have always when I landed just popped another in and took back off. Have never had any issues. Sure some will say to wait but I never have.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I doubt that multiple back to back flights are going to lead to a gradual build up to unususal or dangerous temperatures. Providing there is adequate ventilation, I would think any component temperature will plateau fairly quickly.
If, because of the enviroment, dangerous temeperatures are going to be reached I would be surprised if they were not reached in the first flight.
If you have many batteries or a fast charge that can recharge an empty drone battery whilst others are in use then I suspect the capacity of the controller battery will be the limiting factor, especially if you use an android screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gygax and mereflyer
Did DJI issue a certain number of times that you can fly a Mavic Pro back to back using multiple batteries, or is there a user known number out there do use as a rule of thumb?
As many batteries as you can afford or borrow is fine.

I've flown 8 straight and DJI have run a demonstration with a tethered drone flying for 72 hours non-stop.
Obviously my concern is overheating the aircraft, especially in the summer time in Florida! Common sense seems to dictate that operating it back to back More than two or three times Would overheat it, or at the very least not be good on it!
The drone gets warmer when you stop flying and the internal fan stops circulating air through the drone.
And one final thing, is there any published maintenance manual for these things or at least one that someone has made up? Under part 107 the FAA wants us to keep a maintenance record, but I need to know what kind of maintenance record they are looking for? For example, do the propellers have a time limit for replacement?
There's almost no maintenance required.
Keep the drone clean, look after the props and batteries.

Reactions: mereflyer
IMHO, where he is concerned, it's more about the batteries than the drone.
For any device that uses Lithium-based batteries (especially LiPo), I would always let the batteries cool before charging or use. For example, charge to full the night before flying...and don't charge again until that night.

No problems in AZ deserts unless ambient temperature is 104 degrees or more. In those cases I wait 10-15 min to TO again and leave my M2P in the shade during the cool off....

Since I have been flying I have always had at least 3 batterys
and have always when I landed just popped another in and took back off. Have never had any issues. Sure some will say to wait but I never have.
I think nothing of flying three batteries at a time.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan