DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

titan atlas with the 9db antenna?

droneuser

Reactions
Hi

I see many post about the titan atlas that come with the 5db antenna, what about the 9db antenna that titan sells? I would assume its better then the stock titan antenna, how much better?

Thanks

Not sure I just ordered the switch should be all I ever need.

Not sure I just ordered the switch should be all I ever need.

yes the 9db antennas don't come with it you have to buy those separate just a fyi also I am talking about the omni directional antenna that they sell

Right, switch has best of both worlds all features of atlas and directional, looks good.

Plan is to get phantom4 pro it will work with it too

All the atlas is is boosted antennas take them off add panel now it's directional.

yes but I am wondering if anyone has tried the titan 9db omni directional antenna that they sell? if so how much of any improvement did you see over the 5db omni directional antenna? I think the switch comes with the 5db?

It does but order other as well. Hope they ork good alot of different ways you can use it. Also ordered longer cables so I can mount antennas out side,sit in my gun room ( climate controled )fly out the window.

It does but order other as well. Hope they ork good alot of different ways you can use it. Also ordered longer cables so I can mount antennas out side,sit in my gun room ( climate controled )fly out the window.

let me know how it works! I am wondering on how that 9bd antenna will work :)

If you're going to make your own and mount it outside, check the mods section. There's a guy in there who built his own using 8w wifi amplifiers other parts. He get's fantastic results and you can build these pretty easy. Also, you can mount a wifi amp on the drone. I have a 4w amp and get 3 bars at 8.5 miles. I have an 8w amp coming this week that I'm going to test mounted on the drone.

yes I am debating on just making my own would be cheaper I bet! do you have a link to that thread? 8w?

Thanks

I was just reading your post in that thread I would assume you are talking about dji goggles? if so I believe they connect wireless thu the remote controller. NOT the Mavic itself. This is my understanding? unless I am wrong?

Yeah I am. I thought that too but I seem to get much better video signal with my phone/controller than with the goggles. At any rate, if I can get good signal from the Mavic without having to do a controller mod, that's a win as I see it. 45$ for a wifi amp vs however much for a controller mod and end up with a bulky controller.

hummm if you are getting better signal thru your phone then the goggle they should be the same at the least, then I am thinking have something wrong?

I know you can run the goggles without a phone. ( you have to sign in with the app first then turn app off) so if that is the case and if its true that the signal comes from the mavic if you turn off the remote you should NOT loose video to the goggles?

hum I have a set of dji goggles I will have to test this

how far can you get with the goggles now? ( I am not able to fly now cause of the weather I have snow and cold here and I just got my goggles so I haven't really used them yet )

I haven't tested it very thoroughly yet. Maybe you're right though. Maybe the latency and poor signal are just more obvious with the goggles cause you can see everything so clearly.

YES!!!! I am 90 percent sure it gets it wireless from the remote so a remote ant mod is what you are going to need!!!

also the goggles will have latency I forgot what it is

edit----- dji site said 110ms LATENCY

Last edited:
dji site also saids

HD mode: 1080p/30fps: near-field with no interference; 720p/30fps: at long range or with interference; Smooth Mode: 720p/60fps

set them to 720p/30fps

Smooth mode is awesome. 60fps looks great. I usually fly in normal HD mode though.

yes but for distance you may need to set it to 720p/30fps per dji However doing a remote control ant mod may help with that!

please let me know!!!! the amps you are getting is that the link I posted?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan