DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

titan atlas with the 9db antenna?

ok are you running cable from amp to antenna?

If amps where bad would it let signal through when turned off. Since when working they will not?

depending on the amps being uses most of the time no power to amp wont let signal thru if amp was working or not

I thought I saw a video of a a guy flying his drone with titan and he turn amp off and he lost ALL signal! so with titan it sounds like no power to amp no signal no mater if amp is good or not....

No antenna snaps on to connectors no cable, cable from remote to amp.

ahh ok so did you uses different cable from remote to amp? you said something about longer cable?

ok are those the cable that came with the unit?

Those are qma connectors,when new somtimes they don’t snap on all the way. At first,take off and snap them off and on several times. I’ve had this happen several times on new ones after a couple of good snaps they usually will seat in.

Those are qma connectors,when new somtimes they don’t snap on all the way. At first,take off and snap them off and on several times. I’ve had this happen several times on new ones after a couple of good snaps they usually will seat in.

That's good to know thanks!!!

If you have a ohm meter you can also check that the cables are good. Check center to center pins both ends.
If good, also check center to connector, sometimes the end of the wire gets pushed into outside in assembly and that will cause a short to ground

Reactions: Ping^Spike
If you're going to make your own and mount it outside, check the mods section. There's a guy in there who built his own using 8w wifi amplifiers other parts. He get's fantastic results and you can build these pretty easy. Also, you can mount a wifi amp on the drone. I have a 4w amp and get 3 bars at 8.5 miles. I have an 8w amp coming this week that I'm going to test mounted on the drone.

I would like to build my own. O bought two of the Titan Atlas. Not knowing a lot about radio waves at the time I asked for a product that would het me through trees where I could land in my brother's yard, which is 100 yards away with a Forrest of trees between us. He said "the Titan Atlas will be able to penetrate trees". Now that I understand more about radio wave I realize it was noting more than a sales pitch.

I have two MPP's and 4 controllers, two setup with Titan Atlas mods. Out in the open void of obstructions, they may work fine, but so do the stock antenna, With respect to their ability to penetrate forestation, snake oil.

Having said all that, if you decide to purchase, I would opt for allowing then to do the mod. Its a pain in the neck for a first timer, Not because of the Titan product, but the crappy assembly of the circuitry inside the controller, I ended up with one basket case for parts because two connectors came off when I unplugged the connectors, One was an antenna and the other the fan battery. The second install went very well with the exception of the LCD screen being blank,

IMHO there is a lot of engineering yet to be done to improve signal. DJI uses multiple manufacturers to assemble their products and their quality control is all but non existent. Should you ever decide to attempt am antenna mod, use one tool to hold the "soldered" connector to the board while unplugging the antenna. Trust me, it will save you a lot of grief it you are working on a dry soldered joint.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
thanks for the tip about the solder connection! did you build your? if so what are you using?

I wonder if he got it working

@Rnl - did you get it working?

Just got back 5 batteries just doesn't seem any better. The 9 dbi antenna does the same distance as it does with amp.

When I try the directional antenna worse.

the directional may seem to be worst cause you have to "pin" point ( per se) it at the drone. is there a lot of trees where you are flying? do you have a volt meter?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d