DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To upgrade from the Mini 2

cmj0929

Reactions
I have the mini 2 and was considering upgrading to the air 2, would it really be worth it or should i just keep what i have ? I do professional photography/Videography which is why i'm considering the upgrade.

I have the mini 2 and was considering upgrading to the air 2, would it really be worth it or should i just keep what i have ? I do professional photography/Videography which is why i'm considering the upgrade.

Oh yes, its a huge step up because is so close to the Mavic 2 Zoom
It quickly became our favorite Drone of the last 4 years.

The Super Size Pictures and the quality of the Video is also a step up.
Not to mention now your in Smart Controller territory which is gaining value with every new drone that is added.

With the right Gear you can turn it into a Super Drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Having both, the MA2 is my go to drone for many reason most of which have been covered on this site.

I have both and feel that they compliment each other very well. There are times and situations where one will work better than the other. I would not, however, suggest jumping up to the M2 series right now as the performance difference between it and the MA2 is negligible in relation to the costs for most( upwards of 50% more for a better sensor but overall performance about the same) and the likelihood of seeing something about a M3 series in the, hopefully near, future. Now if the M3 is announced and has a huge performance boost but the M2 series price drops significantly then it becomes a matter of wants vs needs vs costs for each of us. The FPV has occusync 3.0 so even if nothing else happens that might be a deciding factor for some in regards to latency for control and a/v capture.

Reactions: Howard70
I have both and feel that they compliment each other very well. There are times and situations where one will work better than the other. I would not, however, suggest jumping up to the M2 series right now as the performance difference between it and the MA2 is negligible in relation to the costs for most( upwards of 50% more for a better sensor but overall performance about the same) and the likelihood of seeing something about a M3 series in the, hopefully near, future. Now if the M3 is announced and has a huge performance boost but the M2 series price drops significantly then it becomes a matter of wants vs needs vs costs for each of us. The FPV has occusync 3.0 so even if nothing else happens that might be a deciding factor for some in regards to latency for control and a/v capture.
Yeah now that I’m actually doing some deeper research I’m actually thinking of getting a Mavic 2 pro though I may wait for a while to see if they release anything new which would hopefully make the price drop a bit

Reactions: Barbara
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet