DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tom's Tech Time Review

Respect! I was less than 10 minutes into his presentation and already could tell that this is by far the best, most professional in-depth and complete review of the Mavic I've seen so far. You can see he took his time to get into it, very detailed and organised. Tom's a very good and professional drone vlogger and he has improved his production too, very well done!

I always laugh when watching his video intros
"Hi it's Tom from Titty Tees tech time"

Yay... I made it through the episodes! These are all excellent. Thanks for posting!

He seems to be mislead in thinking that the plastic bubble over the camera and gimbal is to be used while flying and capturing photos or video. He mentioned twice that DJI should reconsider manufacturing one that does not allow so many light streaks and fuzziness. LOL !

Someone should inform him that its removeable. I bet he spent most of the time rubbing and polishing that bubble to get it as clean as possible before filming.

I thought he meant DJI should consider making one that could be used while flying and filming, but it's clear from the video he knows this one is not because he made some nice videos without it. Isn't it?

Looks like a really in depth review to add to the other great reviews out there.

Another great review Tom. Very thorough. Thanks.

Is anyone one else concerned with the proximity of the gimbal and sensors to the ground as in during take-offs and landings? I see the potential for sand and dust getting into the gimbal's movable joints for example and wondering if this will be an issue over time for DJI. Also concerned about the bottom located sensors taking a hit during rough landings or landings on gravel roads. These sensors appear to be only a few centimeters off the ground and could potentially come into contact with the ground before the landing gear does, causing damage to these sensitive components. Thoughts?

Also, I wanted to mention that I read (I believe on DJI's own site) that the drone was not meant to be flown with the clear plastic dome on it, though it was suggested it may be used for beginners. The plastic will tend to add artifacts and likely reduce clarity, adding a bit of cloudiness to everything.

The controller in this video says ATTI mode ready to go. Does this mean the Mavic does have it? I haven't watched all of the videos yet so sorry if he covers this.

The controller in this video says ATTI mode ready to go. Does this mean the Mavic does have it?
The Mavic does have ATTI mode. There is no way to manually switch to ATTI mode though.

He seems to be mislead in thinking that the plastic bubble over the camera and gimbal is to be used while flying and capturing photos or video. He mentioned twice that DJI should reconsider manufacturing one that does not allow so many light streaks and fuzziness. LOL !

Someone should inform him that its removeable. I bet he spent most of the time rubbing and polishing that bubble to get it as clean as possible before filming.

Trust me to is not misled or confused about the bubble. He just returned from china where he was invited by dji bc he knows what he's doing. I believe he's about to be working for dji in some capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada