DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too much editing? What do you think of these sunset photos?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

Hello!

I don't normally edit my photos that much - tiny adjustments to the shadows and highlights, a little vibrance, saturation, and clarity, and some slight HSL adjustments is all I do. With these sunsets though, I went full crazy and used almost everything available in photoshop; even the tricky Dehaze tool! The result is this.
DJI_0277.jpgDJI_013120x30.jpgDJI_034620x30.jpgDJI_067130x20.jpg

Now the question is, is this too much editing? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

... although they would be better with the horizon leveled...
I am glad you pointed that out. I actually thought I did that, I guess I failed. Somehow I am always finding it very difficult to get a level horizon and the fact that my MA never seems to be level with the horizon doesn't make it easier. In the photos you mention, I used the strip of land that looks like a peninsula as the reference point for leveling the horizon. I am guessing I am going about this the wrong way. So here is another question. How exactly do I get the horizon leveled in post?

Its a beautiful insanity, but you loose a lot of depth to the picture when you the melt the colors like this.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada