DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took my Pro to China, can’t get out of beginner mode

PandaCheese

Reactions
Anyone has experience flying in China? I bought my Pro in the US, followed all the registration rules in both countries. I’m 100% logged into DJI GO 4, even reinstalled it, latest firmwares, map coordinates optimized for China, beginner mode definitely not on, etc, yet something prevents it from going above 30m height/50m distance.

It's interesting that we seem to be the country with the most freedom to fly our drones. I don't see a place for them in any big city, though, even here. So much can go wrong, really wrong, like a forced or crash landing on someone's property. What a mess that would be to explain and to get the drone back. The last time I went up in a city was just straight up for a 360 view. Even then there were powerlines, phone lines, trees and cables EVERYWHERE, plus interference from every kind of RF you could imagine. I live in a rural area so really enjoy mine.

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I'm in the same situation. Does it affect your speed also,like your in cinematic mode(but your not)?
I haven't been to china and I dont update

Relogging does not help, neither did firmware downgrade…

I’m guessing many parts of China are under some kind of hidden restriction that doesn’t show in DJI. Go app didn’t accept my bug report from China either. Truly the reputation for no customer service is well deserved. :)

Finally resolved this by tying a Chinese phone # to my account! Flew around the Great Wall at Mutianyu near Beijing with no problem.

My complaint is the prompt that asks you to supply a phone # seems to trigger at random. I actually saw it the first day after I arrived in China but then it went away when I disregarded it. There doesn’t seem to be any indicator in the app tellling you that you missed this critical step. Then all of a sudden it managed to appear again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+