DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total Black-out Shade

bmelody

Reactions
Here is something I tried with my BT-300 glasses. I have trouble getting my head around flying and looking through display. I can see everything but I do not get the detail from the drone I was hoping for. So, I took one of the shades (the minimum tint one) and covered it with black electrical tape to make a total black out shade. WOW does the display really pop! Next I took the long nose rest and put the glasses slightly out and up from my face/eyes. I also ware regular glasses. Now I can look through my regular glasses directly at the drone and if I look slightly up I can see the BT-300 image perfectly. Using the total blackout shades make the BT-300 look like you are looking at the brightest crystalsky type display with a sun shade box all around it. This has worked the best for me.

~Bill

Reactions: ksmusa
Hi ksmusa,

I'll get a pix later today (I hope) and post it. Its really pretty simple. I'm only blocking any outside light from going through the BT-300's. It is not totally immersive at all but really improves the image. You can get an idea of the effect by simply hovering your drone then cove the front of the glasses with your hand to see the difference. I didn't want to apply the electrical tape directly to the glasses so I used one of the supplied plastic shades. Putting the glasses slightly higher on your face than normal allows one to see under the glasses and maintain VLOS. Simply shift your eyes up or down slightly to change views. Hope this makes sense.

Hi ksmusa,

I'll get a pix later today (I hope) and post it. Its really pretty simple. I'm only blocking any outside light from going through the BT-300's. It is not totally immersive at all but really improves the image. You can get an idea of the effect by simply hovering your drone then cove the front of the glasses with your hand to see the difference. I didn't want to apply the electrical tape directly to the glasses so I used one of the supplied plastic shades. Putting the glasses slightly higher on your face than normal allows one to see under the glasses and maintain VLOS. Simply shift your eyes up or down slightly to change views. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you [emoji4] [emoji5]

Glad it worked out Bill. Welcome to FPV done different. Enjoy, and fly safe.

Hi MOVERIO,

Thanks for checking in. I thought about contacting Epson directly but since you are here hopefully you can answer several questions.
Any idea when the radar display's empty box in the DJI GO 4 4.2.8 app will get fixed?
I am thinking of down grading the DJI app back to 4.1.5 to allow the OTG cable to work with the DJI spark. Would you recommend this, or should I stay with 4.2.8?
Also will Epson's drone app allow OTG cables to be used with the DJI Spark?
Any news on the availability for the Epson app?

Thanks ~ Bill

Hi Bill,

Looking into those questions for you as I am not completely sure. Try setting your DPI to 150, should allow you to see both the radar and map.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
Hi Moverio,

Thanks for your reply. I was reading about lowering the DPI in another post. Sounds interesting.

Also I read that DJI has added OTG support for the spark back in for Android users in the latest version of DJI GO 4. The new load will be 4.2.12 however it has not been released to Google Play yet. How long does it take Epson to review and release the app in the Epson app store? I guess I can always side load it but I have not yet experimented with side loading.

Thanks again,

~Bill

Takes a bit for Epson to push to the Moverio Store. Best bet is to indeed "side load." Very easy process. Here is a link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa