DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total newbie here.

Hi from Woodstock Ontario Canada. I'm a total Newbie having inherited a brand new, unflown Mavic Air 2 from my daughter. I'm in the very early stages of reading, assessing licensing requirements, drone registration, operation and flight rules. As this drone is above 250g it's a whole other world than with sub-250g drones. If I was buying a drone it would have been from the DJI Mini series which would have made my life much simpler.
When I get all the above done I'll need to find an open space with nothing to bash into for a km or more all around, plus no-one close enough to annoy. That won't be easy. Wish me luck!
Welcome to the go from Len in South Wales . U.K. enjoy, cheers

There are whole bunch of brilliant folk on this Forum and you will benefit greatly from joining. Hope all goes well and fly safe.

Hi from Woodstock Ontario Canada. I'm a total Newbie having inherited a brand new, unflown Mavic Air 2 from my daughter. I'm in the very early stages of reading, assessing licensing requirements, drone registration, operation and flight rules. As this drone is above 250g it's a whole other world than with sub-250g drones. If I was buying a drone it would have been from the DJI Mini series which would have made my life much simpler.
When I get all the above done I'll need to find an open space with nothing to bash into for a km or more all around, plus no-one close enough to annoy. That won't be easy. Wish me luck!
Hello from Peaks Island, Maine. We have had our Mini 2 for a year now, but I still feel like a newby. I endorse the suggestion below that you work repeatedly with a few set commands. Even now, my effort to rotate clockwise results about 30% of the time in CCW motion. It is sometimes difficult to keep in mind which way the drone is "pointing."

Reactions: Mike T. and MA2 317
Hello from Minnesota USA and welcome to the Forum....Congratulations on your Mavic Air 2....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safe, Fly Smart...keep VLOS.

Reactions: Mike T. and MA2 317
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
You have be given a lot of input already. All I can say is FLY SAFE.

Reactions: Mike T.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_