DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total "Newbie" who just purchase used Mavic Pro with questions??

Reactions
I an a total newbie to drones and just purchased a used Mavice Pro that only had 11 flights on it. It says that firmware updates are required and the newest says it will limit flight altitude and range without first using a dj approved app and logging into my account.

As another person had this drone I DO NOT know what his account was and am not sure how to create a new account as that screen does not show up. Also, read some other threads on remaining anonymous, Russian Hacking, and not sure if either want or need an account. First : without account can't update to newest firmware which I am not sure I need. Second: do I really need an account and Third: how/where do I create a new account.

Sorry for the long windedness, but couldn't find this addressed in a forum search.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Welcome to the Site Steve I am new here myself, I am sure help with be with you soon .

Welcome to MavicPilots and the Mavic Pro family! If you don't have a DJI account just create one HERE. Once you sign in on the DJI GO 4 app the drone will become "yours" there is no need to know any information about the previous owner.

Welcome to MavicPilots and the Mavic Pro family! If you don't have a DJI account just create one HERE. Once you sign in on the DJI GO 4 app the drone will become "yours" there is no need to know any information about the previous owner.
So can I take it that once my Mavic Pro Platinum arrives from DJI.com, I just use the same Login Detail on the DJI GO 4 App as I used to buy my Mavic From the DJI Store

So can I take it that once my Mavic Pro Platinum arrives from DJI.com, I just use the same Login Detail on the DJI GO 4 App as I used to buy my Mavic From the DJI Store
Yes.

Thanks! Another question. I live in a pretty remote area without many cellphone towers for either WiFi or phone reception. Will the new firmware update that requires you to login to your account every time you fly (as I understand it) be a problem if I can't connect with a tower? Or do earlier firmware updates not require a login. It would appear that the last firmware update was when original owner purchased it in March 17.

Will the new firmware update that requires you to login to your account every time you fly (as I understand it) be a problem if I can't connect with a tower?
Once logged in, you should not have to log in again unless you manually log out of DJI GO or reinstall/install DJI GO. And, yes, it will be a problem if you need to log in and are not connected to the Internet.

First if all thank-you again for your quick response. I think I understand your explanation with one further question. What constitutes logging off? Will just turning off the remote and Magic log you off or does it remember you the next time you power everything on?

Also do you have to somehow update the firmware on every battery you have.

I will owe you a dinner after all thus help! :)

Once logged in, you should not have to log in again unless you manually log out of DJI GO or reinstall/install DJI GO. And, yes, it will be a problem if you need to log in and are not connected to the Internet.

What constitutes logging off?
You can manually log off by clicking "Me" --> "Settings" --> "Sign Out" in DJI GO.

Will just turning off the remote and Magic log you off
No.

does it remember you the next time you power everything on?
The DJI GO app will remember your login status.

do you have to somehow update the firmware on every battery you have.
You do if a battery firmware update is available for your current battery. That process looks like this.

Just keep in mind that there are constant updates to the firmware, NFZs, etc. Make sure you check for updates and install them at home, or somewhere with wifi, before you head out to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki