DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tough Lesson Learned!

Dopper

Reactions
I was trying different intelligent modes and camera settings on my MPP today. I was in Cinematic Mode and it was windy. While I was playing with my settings the wind caused my bird to drift into a tree line and crash. When I found it, one of the landing arms was bent about an inch back. I carefully straightened it best I could but but, as you might expect, the arms rigidity is compromised and their is a small gap where it mounts to the arm. Thankfully, it appears to fly alright.
Any suggestions as to repair? Should I use an adhesive to help support the arm and seal the electronics running through the arm? If so, what sort of glue would you recommend? Thank you in advance for replying to this idiot!

Attachments

• IMG_7632.jpg
    IMG_7632.jpg
    986.6 KB · Views: 180
That's indeed a tough one.

I'd send it in and get an estimate on getting it repaired correctly. @djidroneservice does free estimates and free shipping so you've got nothing to lose but a couple days.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Is that front leg actually a replaceable part ?
It looks like it might be with those little allen key head type screws.

Not sure if an antenna might be in there, but that shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.
If you are handy with fine hands on work, you could possibly replace that yourself if you can find a parts place.

I did find a replacement leg link with a "how to replace it video" attached on this forum. I ordered the leg today and will let you know how it goes. It looks fairly simple. (knock on wood)
There is am antenna and 3 screws attaching the leg to the arm. Apparently, the antenna just slides out of the old one and you slide it back into the replacement leg. Thanks, I'll keep you posted!

Ah, this DJI thread is VERY good covering the leg replacement and antenna . . .

I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum. Being new to flying drones can be confusing and sometimes stressful. It has been so geat having the support, wisdom and resources of the members to help me navigate through all of my issues. Thank you to everyone who have un- selfishly responded to my posts with their knowledge, understanding and empathy! :) .

Last edited:
Do you know if replacement is 'plug and play', or does the body / shell have to be taken down somewhat and wiring fed through to internal board ?
Yes, they are easily replaceable. OEM Mavic Pro legs are available here on Amazon.

1570699005836.png

And if anyone needs them, OEM Mavic Pro Platinum replacement legs are available here on Amazon.

This video shows how to replace the leg:

Well done and thanks for the update!!

I was trying different intelligent modes and camera settings on my MPP today. I was in Cinematic Mode and it was windy. While I was playing with my settings the wind caused my bird to drift into a tree line and crash. When I found it, one of the landing arms was bent about an inch back. I carefully straightened it best I could but but, as you might expect, the arms rigidity is compromised and their is a small gap where it mounts to the arm. Thankfully, it appears to fly alright.
Any suggestions as to repair? Should I use an adhesive to help support the arm and seal the electronics running through the arm? If so, what sort of glue would you recommend? Thank you in advance for replying to this idiot!
One of the arms on my Spark was cracked and bent after a crash. I glued with JB Weld and clamped in place overnight. It looked and flew like like new. However the camera was no longer functioning so I sent to dji for repair. They replaced the whole body as well as the camera for about a hundred bucks USD.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka