DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
A lot of great scenes well captured and smart editing. I liked how you did a wider and tighter circle/POI of the White lighthouse.i can see your goal for the edit was a collection of many scenes in Ireland. You could probably edit many longer ones of the same subjects given the amount of footage you captured. Cinematic moves are the goal. Short of that, smart editing. There are some good YT videos on many different cinematic moves. I see a lot of edits that have jerky yaw and gimbal moves in the edit. Always looks bad. You cut your clips well. I have to resist the temptation to yaw. It’s very, very difficult to do smoothly. I need to practice my waypoints and other intelligent modes to get the footage I’m happy with.

I swear some of those scenes look like sights I visited in Scotland this summer. I didn’t bring my drone on that cruise cause I was flying a P3 4K at the time and it was too much to bring along with my extensive DSLR kit. Traveling with other friends to multiple sights doesn’t allow for both photography and aerials, but I just got a Mavic 2 for that reason. It’s 1/10th the size of my LowePro backpack for the P3. So liberating.
The was my goal exactly, I do have some videos on yt called "1 minute with" to show off some individual places also, I get bored on days I can't fly so I edit.
I turn off videos that have jerky footage, it irritates me even though sometimes it is unavoidable where time, weather and battery become a concern, that's why some clips are cut shorter than I'd like too.

I totally understand how you feel about travelling with friends and trying to do things your way, becomes frustrating. I choose to leave my hear at home when I'm with mates, not worth it.

I envy you with the mavic 2, happy flying and thanks for the comments.

Spectacular- really need to pay a proper visit to Ireland. Went many years ago but was not there long.

I would agree with @devisger that some of the clips were a little short though I understand your reasoning.

Personally though I’d prefer to watch 2 or 3 videos with longer clips - felt a bit like you were trying to cram in a bit if everything you had.

All that said still way above the standard of anything I could produce :)

That was great! Wish you were my neighbor so you could help me with editing my Austria and Wales footage. I have the music chosen and the footage, I just lack the expertise to put it all together. Kind of like having a six pack but missing the little plastic thingy that holds all the cans together.

Perfect! It takes a lot of time to do something like that, much more than the "normal" audience think.
Thank you, it does take of time, your mind is constantly changing on how you want it to look too so there's not just 1 edit[emoji3] I love it though, I'd give up my job to do this all day.

Hi Dec, Great video. I've had my mavic air for about 10 months now and I'm slowly getting better . My question is I'm visiting Ireland May/June this year what are the drone laws and can you suggest great places to fly ?Hoping you can help.

Steve.

Reactions: Decovision84
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a couple of videos on YouTube if you would like to check them out. I love the mavic air, all I want to do is fly it all day long. I lost one in Tollymore forest to wind and I have just had to buy a new one as I have realised that I cannot live without it.
Please let me know your thoughts on this video I have attached and any advice is welcome as I am only new to this world.

Bye for now.
Dec
Beautiful video

Reactions: Decovision84
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a couple of videos on YouTube if you would like to check them out. I love the mavic air, all I want to do is fly it all day long. I lost one in Tollymore forest to wind and I have just had to buy a new one as I have realised that I cannot live without it.
Please let me know your thoughts on this video I have attached and any advice is welcome as I am only new to this world.

Bye for now.
Dec
Stunning video matched perfectly with the music you selected! Who is, if I may ask, the composer and what is the title of the music selection you used?

Have you put your Austria and Wales videos together yet?
[emoji16]
That was great! Wish you were my neighbor so you could help me with editing my Austria and Wales footage. I have the music chosen and the footage, I just lack the expertise to put it all together. Kind of like having a six pack but missing the little plastic thingy that holds all the cans together.

Thank you, son is called BENEATH THE STARRY SKY and its by REALLY SLOW MOTION MUSIC. HDSounDI have a lot of great songs.
Stunning video matched perfectly with the music you selected! Who is, if I may ask, the composer and what is the title of the music selection you used?

Thank you, sorry OK so late replying to you. Drone laws aren't too bad in Ireland. Most places wont mind you flying once you adhere to restrictions around airports. What's your plan for ireland? Travel around the whole Country or only East Coast by Dublin?
Hi Dec, Great video. I've had my mavic air for about 10 months now and I'm slowly getting better . My question is I'm visiting Ireland May/June this year what are the drone laws and can you suggest great places to fly ?Hoping you can help.

Steve.

Bye for now.
Dec

You put some serious time into that one! Great job!

Bye for now.
Dec

Great video some stunning scenery in Ireland. Nice smooth flying as-well. Have to say the shots you got of the stadium were amazing :)

Can I ask what restrictions you have for flying in and around Dublin - you need special permission??

Have you put your Austria and Wales videos together yet?
[emoji16]

Not yet sadly, because I don't really know what I'm doing editing them. I know Photoshop extremely well but not editing. If you ever have any spare time and fancied taking a look, I would very much like it if you would play around with the footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ