DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transfering files from Mavic 2 Pro to Mac(wicked newbie)

offtheback

Reactions
Hi All-Though I did it yesterday,I am trying to transfer photos(raw+jpg)from Mavic @ pro to a macbook.Can't for the life of me remember how I did it.Macbook has USB 2 potrts.Thanks for the help.

If transferring from the on-board memory plug it in using the USB-C cable that was included and power on the Mavic. If using a microSD card it is easier and faster to remove the card and put it in a card reader to copy them off.

Reactions: Thomas B
Sorry I didn't specify.It's from the onboard storage and were the cords included?i have more cables than I know what to do with.Thanks Do you plug into the controller or the drone?

Sorry I didn't specify.It's from the onboard storage and were the cords included?i have more cables than I know what to do with.Thanks Do you plug into the controller or the drone?
Yes the cable was included, it was in the same box as the extra thumb sticks and the small USB cables. You plug it directly into the drone, there is a port on the side under one of the plastic door flaps.

Reactions: genesimmons
Yes the cable was included, it was in the same box as the extra thumb sticks and the small USB cables. You plug it directly into the drone, there is a port on the side under one of the plastic door flaps.
I have a cable with USB 2 PLUG ON ONE END AND WHAT looks like a mini on the other end but the mini does not plug into anything on the drone that I could find.Thanks for your patience.

I have a cable with USB 2 PLUG ON ONE END AND WHAT looks like a mini on the other end but the mini does not plug into anything on the drone that I could find.Thanks for your patience.

Look on page 9 of your manual. The USB C (similar in size to micro USB but different connector) port is number 11 in the third figure down on that page.

Reactions: offtheback
Thanks-there is a USB C port at #11 as you said and I plugged it into my USB 2 on the computer using a USB 3 to USB 2 adapter but storage does not show up on the computer.Both drone+controller are on.I give up.This will teach me to not forget my card.

Thanks-there is a USB C port at #11 as you said and I plugged it into my USB 2 on the computer using a USB 3 to USB 2 adapter but storage does not show up on the computer.Both drone+controller are on.I give up.This will teach me to not forget my card.

Not sure what you mean by "USB 3 to USB 2 adapter." The ends of your cable should look something like this (not the exact cable):

usb-a-male-to-c-male-cable-480m-3a-black.jpg

The connector on the left is a USB-A connector. The connector on the right is a USB-C connector. USB-A connectors are compatible with USB 1, 2, and 3. Even though your Mavic is a USB 3 device (with a USB C connector) you can still use it on a computer equipped with USB 2. It is backward-compatible. The only drawback is that it will operate at USB 2 speeds so your transfers will take longer than if you have USB 3.

I'm not sure what a USB 3 to USB 2 adapter is, but I would guess that's your problem.

Not sure what you mean by "USB 3 to USB 2 adapter." The ends of your cable should look something like this (not the exact cable):

usb-a-male-to-c-male-cable-480m-3a-black.jpg

The connector on the left is a USB-A connector. The connector on the right is a USB-C connector. USB-A connectors are compatible with USB 1, 2, and 3. Even though your Mavic is a USB 3 device (with a USB C connector) you can still use it on a computer equipped with USB 2. It is backward-compatible. The only drawback is that it will operate at USB 2 speeds so your transfers will take longer than if you have USB 3.

I'm not sure what a USB 3 to USB 2 adapter is, but I would guess that's your problem.

The drone is connected by cable to the computer.Still doesn't show up in finder.???

u need to have the drone powere up, i would power it up after u plug it in to the port, i use a mac and i transfer dng files all the time, macs are finiky and some times it doesnt show up in finder right away, if it doesnt turn off the drone and powere it up again all while its plugged in, it should show up in devices

Thank you.I have tried it many ways.Drone off/on the on after plugging in.did the cable you use come with the drone.I didn't get one that can go from USB 3 on the drone to USB 2 on the mac therefore the adapter but that shouldn't make any difference(?)

I am having the same problem My Mac desktop recently took a dump and i bought the Mac Book Pro. I was not having any problem with my desk top but I cant seem to transfer my files from the MP2 or from the card in the controller Looking firward to anyone with information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000