DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring files into movie editing software

Pern

Reactions
Hello all, im new to this. I know this question has probably been asked a trillion times but how do i transfer video files from my drone's sdhc onto my movie editing software? Im running dlog m on mav2pro @ 4k 24 fps (mp4). Im on windows. Im also curious what movie editing softwares everyone else is using on pc. Thank you all in advanced.

It depends on the editing software you use. But you start by just transferring the video files from the microSD card to your computer and putting it where you want to keep it.

You'll find plenty of threads recommending editing software if you do a search of the forum.

You can copy the photo and video files that are on the memory card in the drone, connecting the cable that comes with the drone directly to your PC,
I use the video editor Mavavi Video Suite that gives me good results. You can consult a lot of videos on the topic on youtube
Adolf from Argentina

Hello all, im new to this. I know this question has probably been asked a trillion times but how do i transfer video files from my drone's sdhc onto my movie editing software? Im running dlog m on mav2pro @ 4k 24 fps (mp4). Im on windows. Im also curious what movie editing softwares everyone else is using on pc. Thank you all in advanced.
you will hear many varying views about downloading but i use the cable and never remove the card from any of my camera gear
simply because ive had 3 occasions where the removal process damaged the card beyond repair.
it might work ok for 1000 times but when you lose all data because the card failed, you will kick yourself.
it does take longer to d/load so start the d/l and then go and make a coffee.
I use Wondershare Filmora for editing. easy and heaps of features

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the replies. I took some vids on my drone today, tried to upload it to my video editing software (corel videostudio 19), and all i saw on my timeline was..black? Video plays but just solid black screen. Ive read around in the forums about other software, ie., skyview, Pr, etc but i wanted to study videostudio 19 more. Perhaps maybe i need to convert my video files? Thank again guys for the tips and help.

I remove the sd card and copy the files to my computer. I have a dedicated drive for video files and I create a new folder each day I fly using the YYYY_MM_DD for the folder name (that way it sorts in order). If I fly more than once that day, I create a 01, 02, 03, etc... folder within that folder.

Video editing software is very subjective. There is free software that is acceptable, such as HitFilm... I find it a bit unwieldy though. Davinci Resolve is very good, and very complicated.

Right this minute, Vegas Pro Edit 15 is $25 on the Humble Bundle: Humble Software REBundle: VEGAS Pro Even More Creative Freedom

I use Vegas Pro 14 as that was the last version I bought (also on the humble bundle). It has quirks, but I've learned to use it and like it. I might upgrade to 15...

Recommend you watch a lot of drone videos to get an idea of what good shots and editing looks like. See shots you like, then try to duplicate them yourself with subjects you're interested in.

Good luck!

Thank you all for the inputs. if I may ask, what settings do you guys run on your drones? I switched mine to 1080p @24fps and took some shots but still to no avail when I uploaded it to my movie editing software. I tried movavi but I get a message saying that file is corrupted or unsupported. I removed the sd card and copied them to my pc, I transferring from my drone as well and still no avail.

PROBLEM SOLVED! I found that I needed to use an HVEC decoder to get the video to even play and be able to insert onto my video editing software's timeline. I want to thank you all for the input's. I'll put the link here in case anyone needs it. Happy and safe flying all.

Reactions: ZipSilver
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear