DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring live "Scroll" from drone/mobile device to my computer.

cheddar-man

Reactions
I have been recording some "spheres" on my Mini2 inside a Shepherds Hut accommodation for advertising it.
When I open the file in my mobile device (iPad mini 6) with drone connected etc. along the bottom of the screen I get four options to view the file, Scroll, Planet, Inverted and Globe.
In Scroll you can move the picture by placing your finger on it and moving the view about the 360º taken in Sphere but when I upload this to the iPad's Photos, it is just a static picture, you can't move it.
How can "copy" this file so that it is a "live" file for use on Facebook (for example).

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0025.jpeg

Are you opening these files with drone connected in the D.J.I. software? In other words is it the D.J.I. app that is giving you the View options. If so, you would need to take the file generated with your recording and open it in software that has the ability to use the file in the same way not the "photo browser" perhaps the software that gives you the view options you want, I don't believe these options are available in a simple photo browser ( I may be Wrong ) but the ability to walk around your photo is I believe dependent on the software you open it in

Are you opening these files with drone connected in the D.J.I. software? In other words is it the D.J.I. app that is giving you the View options. If so, you would need to take the file generated with your recording and open it in software that has the ability to use the file in the same way not the "photo browser" perhaps the software that gives you the view options you want, I don't believe these options are available in a simple photo browser ( I may be Wrong ) but the ability to walk around your photo is I believe dependent on the software you open it in
Helpful but not really as I have no idea what software is required so my question not answered.
Thanks.

As mentioned the actual file is just a flat photo, it's the app that knows how to display it otherwise so anything else you want to view it with needs to support it too.

If the file has the right metadata facebook etc should recognise it as being a sphere photo.

As mentioned the actual file is just a flat photo, it's the app that knows how to display it otherwise so anything else you want to view it with needs to support it too.

If the file has the right metadata facebook etc should recognise it as being a sphere photo.
There is no single "file". It is a folder containing 24 .jpg photos. I have uploaded that onto my computer.
I can't just post all those to Facebook as they would just appear as they are, 24 photos.
I cannot see a "flat" file anywhere.

There is no single "file". It is a folder containing 24 .jpg photos. I have uploaded that onto my computer.
I can't just post all those to Facebook as they would just appear as they are, 24 photos.
those 24 photos must be imported into a program that understands what to do with them. a photo browser has no idea and cannot display your image as desired. The drone generates a few files while recording 1. Your video or photo,2. The mp4 version of that ( .LRF ) . and 3. another containing the flights information, The .LRF file is the one you would need to import into some sort of software to get the results you wish ( once again actually doing so is beyond me.)

The card has a folder with the originals, the app is the one that makes the stitched version so if you want that you need to export it from the app. Alternatively you use software like Microsoft ICE, Hugin etc to redo it from the originals.

Hummm! Just downloaded and run Hugin and it hung my computer up, had to do a hard reset!! Not impressed!

Don't know why DJI give us these amazing facilities on the drone/software if the only time you can see them is on your "device", in my case an iPad mini 6, when everything is connected and turned on!

Complete waste of time!

Don't know why DJI give us these amazing facilities on the drone/software if the only time you can see them is on your "device", in my case an iPad mini 6, when everything is connected and turned on!
Again you can share it from the app directly to various services as well as export the file itself.

There is a flat stitched file in the root DCIM directory on the card with a JPG extension. The PANORAMA folder contains the original 24 images, if you want to make your own stitch. Use the single flat file in the root directory where the videos are also recorded.

Thanks GG. I cannot see any stitched .jpg file in the root directory, just the 10MEDIA and the PANORAMA which as you say, contains folders with the 24 jpgs.Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 16.04.24.jpeg

Thanks GG. I cannot see any stitched .jpg file in the root directory, just the 10MEDIA and the PANORAMA which as you say, contains folders with the 24 jpgs.View attachment 163698
My bad. It should be in the 100MEDIA subfolder, along with the other four pano JPG's. It has to be there, because you wouldn't have been able to scroll around in the pano with the drone connected without it having been created. One caveat: depending upon your FW version, moving any of the sticks during the stitching will cancel the stitch, but preserve the individual images in the PANORAMA folders so you can still stitch them manually.

My bad. It should be in the 100MEDIA subfolder, along with the other four pano JPG's. It has to be there, because you wouldn't have been able to scroll around in the pano with the drone connected without it having been created. One caveat: depending upon your FW version, moving any of the sticks during the stitching will cancel the stitch, but preserve the individual images in the PANORAMA folders so you can still stitch them manually.
Which of these is the flat, stitched file? I've opened every one and they are just all the photos I took with the drone. No idea what the html files are?
All very confusing for an 84yo🤔
100MEDIA.jpeg

Last edited:
Some DJI drones stitch the panorama in-camera, store the stitched result on the card and the app downloads that. On others, I believe the mini2 is included, the app downloads all the originals and does the stitching itself so the stitched result is only stored in the app.

Sorry but I cannot see where or how I can do this?
Should be an option on the album page. Haven't used the iOS version of the app in a while.

Last edited:
I didn't download Kuula. I just created an account on their site. Good luck! Post the shot if it works out.
:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown