DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring raw images

docster

Reactions
Is there a way to transfer raw images to your device without having to take the memory card out or plugging in the Mavic?

I have been only taking jpegs because of the inability to do this. When editing really quick in LightRoom mobile they just don’t look the same. Any work around?

Here’s a pic for fun. Tried to get up and get the sunset, but of course stormed rolled in and stopped that!

2e02a909bdc4b6973c9b2395aae1804c.jpg

Reactions: DroneDD
If by "device" you mean PC/laptop, then you can connect via USB

Is there a way to transfer raw images to your device without having to take the memory card out or plugging in the Mavic?
Other than pulling the memory card, the only other thing you could do is connect your Mavic to a computer via a micro USB cable. That'll also allow you to access the RAW files on the memory card.

Other than pulling the memory card, the only other thing you could do is connect your Mavic to a computer via a micro USB cable. That'll also allow you to access the RAW files on the memory card.

Does Mavic needs to be on, and can one also access videos the same way?

I normally transfer DNGs from the Mavic to my mobile device by either taking the card out and using an OTG card reader or plugging the Mavic directly into the mobile over an OTG cable, but you did ask about doing it without taking the card out or plugging in... and you are using iOS,, which is way more limiting.

Anyway, did you try switching the Mavic to WiFi mode, connecting to that WiFi and seeing if the Mavic exposes it's FTP server over it? If it does, you should be able to pull the DNGs this way.

In any case, i don't see why pulling the card out is a problem.

I normally transfer DNGs from the Mavic to my mobile device by either taking the card out and using an OTG card reader or plugging the Mavic directly into the mobile over an OTG cable, but you did ask about doing it without taking the card out or plugging in... and you are using iOS,, which is way more limiting.

Anyway, did you try switching the Mavic to WiFi mode, connecting to that WiFi and seeing if the Mavic exposes it's FTP server over it? If it does, you should be able to pull the DNGs this way.

In any case, i don't see why pulling the card out is a problem.
@borislip - just wondering what OTG card reader you are using. I'm on an Android based Oneplus3 and want to be able to transfer the DNGs to my device.

@borislip - just wondering what OTG card reader you are using. I'm on an Android based Oneplus3 and want to be able to transfer the DNGs to my device.
I am using Transcend reader (Google "transcend otg card reader", you'll find an image of how it looks like), which comes with a micro-USB plug on it (not good for you, as far as i recall, OnePlus3 is USB-C). In any case, there is nothing special about those readers, pretty much any card reader can be plugged into an OTG port via an OTG cable, the only thing that makes a reader "OTG" is the fact it got an appropriate connector already on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78