DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transmission difference between regular and pro controller with Mavic 3

Paradigm

Reactions
So due to extra antennas that the new Pro Controller has, there is a difference in transmission range and/or quality.

Is this quantified or spelled out anywhere in detail?

It's rather poor of DJI to not spell this out while making the claim.

If anyone knows, has conjecture, or is aware of videos/tests, please post it here.

After testing the transmission power from the MA2 MA2S and DJI Mini 2, I don't care about the OC3+ marketing. OC2 is more than sufficient for my taste. Don't worry about it.

So I'm doing a DJI Chat right now with them and they are saying the the range/quality is the same. Which is confusing...

They are saying that the Pro Controller has(will have) the LTE dongle, which should help range. I asked what the range difference will be when using the LTE Dongle and if the drone will be able to fly completely via LTE/4G. They do not have an answer and will look into it and get back to me.

Reactions: Jet skier
I believe the LTE/4G will allow you to fly at least by Telemetry. I don't think will have video feed since will be wayyy too much bandwidth for that connection and if that's the case will be a very very bad video quality.

I believe the LTE/4G will allow you to fly at least by Telemetry. I don't think will have video feed since will be wayyy too much bandwidth for that connection and if that's the case will be a very very bad video quality.
I think they do mention a faster processor which may mean no more lag , that may be the tipping the scale for me , That lag on the SC can be frustrating and when flying into the lightning mess my timing up :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Capture the storm.

Reactions: zeusfl
OS3.0 uses more transmit power. It's that simple. An OS2.0 controller has 10km range, maybe 12km if you read some of the spec sheets. Only the OS3.0 controller will achieve the 15km marketing range; and then only under laboratory conditions.

People are spending $3000 to buy a Hasselblad camera with the exact same image quality specifications as the Air2S. Yeah - the M3 has controllable aperture, and should give better low light performance but the specs sure don't bear that out.

Does DJI Mavic 3 can linked to the DJI Smart Controller RM500 ?
Mohon klarifikasi (please clarify)...
Apakah Anda bertanya apakah SC lama dapat dihubungkan ke Mavic 3? (Are you asking if the old SC can be connected to the Mavic 3)
RM500 untuk apa? (Malaysian Ringgit 500 for what)
Apakah kamu di Malaysia? (are you in Malaysia) ID Anda menunjukkan Indonesia (your id shows Indonesia)

Mohon klarifikasi (please clarify)...
Apakah Anda bertanya apakah SC lama dapat dihubungkan ke Mavic 3? (Are you asking if the old SC can be connected to the Mavic 3)
RM500 untuk apa? (Malaysian Ringgit 500 for what)
Apakah kamu di Malaysia? (are you in Malaysia) ID Anda menunjukkan Indonesia (your id shows Indonesia)
Yes I live in Indonesia, Im asking the DJI Smart Controller V1 (old SC) can be connected to DJI Mavic 3 ?
RM500 I mean is not Ringgit 500, but shown at the back of the old DJI Smart COntroller.
Do you know the answer of my question ?

DJI Smart Controller_2.jpeg

Yes I live in Indonesia, Im asking the DJI Smart Controller V1 (old SC) can be connected to DJI Mavic 3 ?
RM500 I mean is not Ringgit 500, but shown at the back of the old DJI Smart COntroller.
Do you know the answer of my question ?

View attachment 137830
I'm told that it cannot be linked but that's only by word of mouth and yet to be confirmed. With the sometimes lag I experienced with the old SC on my A2s it seems that the same would be experienced if no worse on the M3. Time will tell.
I'm also told that the new SC cannot be used on the older drones (mm2 MA2) . Also not yet clarified. It will be interesting...

Reactions: maximusak

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu