DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel advice with Mavic

Gatzu1

Reactions
I'm planning to pick up my Mavic in Singapore but oddly the airline I'm travelling with stipulate that drones and Lipos can't be taken onboard as carry on.

I know the recommendation from FAA is to carry on the Lipos rather than check them.

I don't particularly want to send my new drone in my suitcase where it can be stolen/bashed up. And that also goes against all the advice I've read. Not sure what to do! I'm traveling from U.K. To Sri Lanka and then back via Singapore.

What would you recommend doing if the airline advice goes against FAA guidelines? Has anyone had grief from airlines and been forced to check their drone?

Any advice would be welcome.

Can you pls name that airline?
Since you cannot transport lithium batteries in the checked baggage they must be in the hand luggage. I wonder how this airline is transporting mobiles, notebooks and power banks...??

Can you pls name that airline?
Since you cannot transport lithium batteries in the checked baggage they must be in the hand luggage. I wonder how this airline is transporting mobiles, notebooks and power banks...??
Sure. It's Sri Lankan airlines. Here's a link to their Regs.

Baggage Allowance| Airline Baggage Rules

On further inspection it says that they are restricted in terms of checked or carry on luggage. So it's a no no either way.

Under dangerous goods they clearly state that spare lithium batteries can be taken in the hand luggage.
And this is exactly the same way like any other airline handles it.
Only totally forbidden devices are hover boards and other similar lithium powered vehicles. (This is what they mean by small vehicles).

Where do you exactly read you could not take the Mavic and its batteries?!?

Reactions: Gatzu1
Under dangerous goods they clearly state that spare lithium batteries can be taken in the hand luggage.
And this is exactly the same way like any other airline handles it.
Only totally forbidden devices are hover boards and other similar lithium powered vehicles. (This is what they mean by small vehicles).

Where do you exactly read you could not take the Mavic and its batteries?!?

Now I feel stupid. When I read small vehicles powered by Lipos I took it to mean drones too. Your assessment of it in terms of relating to hoverboards etc makes much more sense.

Thanks!

I'm planning to pick up my Mavic in Singapore but oddly the airline I'm travelling with stipulate that drones and Lipos can't be taken onboard as carry on.

I know the recommendation from FAA is to carry on the Lipos rather than check them.

I don't particularly want to send my new drone in my suitcase where it can be stolen/bashed up. And that also goes against all the advice I've read. Not sure what to do! I'm traveling from U.K. To Sri Lanka and then back via Singapore.

What would you recommend doing if the airline advice goes against FAA guidelines? Has anyone had grief from airlines and been forced to check their drone?

Any advice would be welcome.
May I know how your stay was in sri lanka

I take the drone and batteries in my carry on bag, the airline doesn't check it it's airport security. Never had any hassle.

I travelled around with my phantom 3 and carry on with the original case. no one cared and just went through tsa/security with no issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabarton44