DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Mexico

Endeavor

Reactions
Just an update to last weeks vacation to Mexico

Flying experience and Mexico. Well not knowing what to expect I did the following. Drained all the battery's, packed everything in a large duffel bag so it would be easy to lay everything out for examination. What ended up happening is my duffel with drone, laptop, 2 tablets, chargers, tools and misc went through intact without any notice going and returning. Basically not a blink. I was probably the only one on the plane with this kind of gear and mine was the only drone on the beach. Basically nobody seemed to notice or care. This was good.

I did 3 litchi missions and some free flights mostly early morning as there was no wind and few people out and about.

Some footage

Flying experience and Mexico.

Wow, your post is very timely for me as I am leaving for, literally, the same location in 14 hours.

Any places you wished you would have gone to for flying but didn’t? Any thoughts would be appreciated for the Mazatlan area. Feel free to PM me if that is better.

We stayed at El Cid so the two islands were just 5/8 mile away from the beach. To be honest I got up at 7 am each day and did one flight then just hung out with friends and such. I didn't want my interest to dominate the time. I would have liked to take a trimaran to deer island and fly around but they were booked up so we couldn't - that would be one I would have wanted to do. Other than that I got about a full hour of fight time all together which was what I had originally planned.

What were you flying? A Pro? I now own a MA so I am concerned I will be forced to use the CE WiFi standard as opposed to FCC standard.

I had the pro and didn't have to change a thing not even a compass re-calibration. Worked like a charm

We travel to Cancun/Isla Mujeres every May and I've had the same luck with TSA and Customs, coming and going. I taped up all connections and had everything packed in a made for P4 bag. I just got my MP this week and am looking forward to taking it in May.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, and wanted to give you a quick heads up.

I'm Mexican and I've read the latest regulatuion regarding drones here in Mexico, point 7.2v states:

"No podran operar en Mexico un RPAS con matrícula o registro extranjero u operados por operadores de RPAS extranjeros, diferentes a los mencionados en el numeral 7.2u de la presente circular obligatoria, a menos que exista un acuerdo bilateral entre el estado de matricula o el estado del operador extranjero y la autoridad aeronautica Mexicana"

Which translates to:
"An RPAS with foreign registration or operated by a foreign RPAS operators, other than those mentioned in number 7.2u of this mandatory circular, may not operate in Mexico, unless there is a bilateral agreement between the state of registration or the state of the foreign operator and the Mexican aeronautical authority"

That 7.2u number it mentions refers to drones flown for scientific purposes, which require a permit from the military.

Worth mentioning is that, as stated above, this is a mandatory circular, made as a temporary regulation while the official NOM (official regulation) comes out, which means there is really not a clear way for the government to enforce it.

So they are saying amateur drone operators can no longer fly anywhere in Mexico? LOL, guess they won't be getting my tourist dollars this year.

Yeah seems like it, foolish IMHO, maybe there is already a bilateral agreement and you can fly with no problems, the US embassy would know I suppose.

I'm traveling this week to Peru I wanted to know if the regulations over there going to accept my drone?

For the guys who went to Mazatlan, what airline did you fly ?

AA

Had absolutely no problems flying in MX. On one occasion there were a bunch of federal police (lots of guns) at a particular beach location as they were preparing for a large event and I asked one "federale" if I could fly. He asked his commander who quicky said "yes".

We do a Sun Country deal every year as a package with motel and all inclusive. It's a great way to go and very well planned.

Flying experience and Mexico. Well not knowing what to expect I did the following. Drained all the battery's, packed everything in a large duffel bag so it would be easy to lay everything out for examination. What ended up happening is my duffel with drone, laptop, 2 tablets, chargers, tools and misc went through intact without any notice going and returning. Basically not a blink. I was probably the only one on the plane with this kind of gear and mine was the only drone on the beach. Basically nobody seemed to notice or care. This was good.

I did 3 litchi missions and some free flights mostly early morning as there was no wind and few people out and about.

Some footage

Thank you, that was nice!

Does anyone know if you have to pay VAT tax when entering the country with your drone? I'm reading some articles elsewhere about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard