DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with Goggles

ReadyKilowatt

Reactions
I'm going to be traveling by air. I would like to bring along my goggles. My original plan was to put them in my checked bag and carry-on the Mavic and batteries. Actually the real first plan was to use the goggles on the plane to watch movies, but then I saw how big they are. But then I got to thinking that the goggles probably have LiPo batteries. So should I be concerned? I've discharged the Mavic's batteries, and can do the same to the goggles and remote if that would be a good idea. The Mavic batteries will be in a LiPo safe bag, and I have another one that can hold the remotes but no way on the goggles.

I can take them in a carry-on backpack, but I really hate backpacks. And I'm already concerned that they'll make me check a carry-on because I'm in the front of the plane (flying Frontier, so no, not first class) and won't be able to score space in an overhead bin. The whole point of checking a bag to begin with was so that I could hand carry the Mavic and batteries and my laptop, while checking the less valuable/breakable stuff and have less stuff to deal with through security and to keep track of when at the airport.

Sorry, but you either find a way to bring them on the cabin or they can’t come with you. As a consolation, it’s only the headband that needs to be carried on. The viewer can be checked.

I'm flying in two days for St Thomas, and I'm taking with me a Mavic Combo, a Spark combo, and the goggles all packed in one carry-on backpack with room to spare. The Mavic and the Spark are packed in their DJI cases. Granted, the goggles are separated into two parts and each part is in a microfiber pouch, but I'm pretty happy with how everything is.

Sorry, but you either find a way to bring them on the cabin or they can’t come with you. As a consolation, it’s only the headband that needs to be carried on. The viewer can be checked.

Good point, that will save space for sure.

thanks.

Typically regulations only apply to "spare batteries" that are separate from the apparatus they're supposed to be used in. Batteries that are fixed inside a device don't count as having to be taken in the cabin.

Reactions: mattleech
Typically regulations only apply to "spare batteries" that are separate from the apparatus they're supposed to be used in. Batteries that are fixed inside a device don't count as having to be taken in the cabin.
With the number of idiots out there, some of them running security on airports, better safe than sorry.

I'm more concerned with them being in an unpressurized cargo hold and swelling batteries. But I think I can make it work if I put the screen section in the checked bag.

You looking at this the wrong way. Bring everything on the plane then watch a movie then take a nap if you have time.

Reactions: Rbruz
You looking at this the wrong way. Bring everything on the plane then watch a movie then take a nap if you have time.
I wouldn't mind it except that I do mind having an audience stare at me on the plane. Plus you can't use them on the plan. The OcuSync system is a high powered radio transmitter and receiver. Powering up the goggles means it will constantly seek out the drone. That can cause significant interference on the plane.

I wouldn't mind it except that I do mind having an audience stare at me on the plane. Plus you can't use them on the plan. The OcuSync system is a high powered radio transmitter and receiver. Powering up the goggles means it will constantly seek out the drone. That can cause significant interference on the plane.

Maybe unsync them beforehand, then they will not be trying to connect?

Now pop in the HDMI cable with the other end attached to your Nintendo Switch, and put in some well-deserved Zelda hours; just watch that you don't clonk the person next to you when you're swinging that double-handed sword.

Reactions: superdave5050
Maybe unsync them beforehand, then they will not be trying to connect?

Now pop in the HDMI cable with the other end attached to your Nintendo Switch, and put in some well-deserved Zelda hours; just watch that you don't clonk the person next to you when you're swinging that double-handed sword.
I think I'd rather just use the CrystalSky to watch movies instead.

New to the forum.
I am headed for South Africa in half a year and was planning on taking the Mavic and my BT300 goggles. By everyone's thread I will take my spare batteries in the carry on. Has anybody had problems with them in their luggage or with customs?

New to the forum.
I am headed for South Africa in half a year and was planning on taking the Mavic and my BT300 goggles. By everyone's thread I will take my spare batteries in the carry on. Has anybody had problems with them in their luggage or with customs?
I am able to let you know in about 3 weeks time. A family member is bringing my goggles from the States on the 23 July, she has to go through customs with them on the South African side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7