DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with my Mavic question...

Engelsione

Reactions
hey fellows....in Late October I am traveling from Atlanta to Seattle ( Go Hawks!! ) and I wanted to bring my Mavic as a carry on inside the plane. Any problems with the battery, will I be questioned and patted down by the rough guys at checkpoint ? Has anyone traveled with no problems ?

i have that concern too, im from malaysia, will be travel to Melbourne, australia.....is there anything i need concern about abording my mavic pro? will immigration officer have issue with it?

I have been through airport security with MP at airports in Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Thailand. Put through x-ray belt, no questions asked. Let's see when I'm back in US next month....

Within USA travel,MP/RC/Batteries=carry on.
Lipo bags not required but good safety feature.
Also reduce batts charge but not required....safety.
Outside USA, can't comment.

Absolutely no problem carrying batteries hand luggage anywhere (even in the USA which has stricter and often more ridiculous restrictions than anywhere else). The batteries are 43wh which is well under the 100 where restrictions kick in.
No need to put them in a money-making, unnecessary bag either.

Went from Seattle to East Europe - Romania and Hungary and back with Mavic in backpack (in a hard shell case) with 3 batteries and got zero questions from anyone :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_