DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling to Dubai - Regulations as a tourist?

Saied324

Reactions
I have read a lot about the different rules related to operating drones in Dubai and as far as I understand I need to register my drone with the DCAA before I can enter UAE with my drone? Is this correct?
My biggest concern right now is that my drone will be taken by customs, so I just want to make sure what kind of registrations I need to have in order to bring the drone with me? It should be said that I don't intend to fly the drone when I am in Dubai. So when this is the case do I still need to register my drone? My stay in Dubai is 1 week (if this is relevant in order to answer my questions)

I don't know if anything has changed in the last few months, but I brought my Mavic to Dubai in Feb of this year. I even flew it in Abu Dhabi at a government facility, though with permission.

I didn't register it or do anything. Upon arrival in Dubai they will have you put your bags through an x-ray machine, they are mostly looking for alcohol. They never looked in my bags, though, so am not sure what would have happened if they did.

You can't register and fly right now. I've just checked with Dubai CAA, they have a registration form, but for now - residents only. Here's what I have from the Airspace Safety Section of DCAA. "At this time, due to security reasons we are not able to issue a Tourist Registration Card for RPAS operators to fly within the Emirate of Dubai. We will advise accordingly should there be a change in said regulations."

For other Emirates - there's registration with UAE GCAA, but you can't use camera anywhere.

Here's more info:

DLW 100.compressed.pdf

Hallo everyone. On the internet I saw that I should register my drone for recreational use. But on the site you can only reg if you are a UAE citizen. Anyone recently when to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and can advise?
Thnx
John

anybody got any info regarding this ? do i have to register my mavic air before traveling to dubai .
My stay is for a week.

anybody got any info regarding this ? do i have to register my mavic air before traveling to dubai .
My stay is for a week.
You are not allowed legally to fly it in UAE without GCAA registration which is only available to UAE nationals and expat residents.
You can carry it in your checked luggage through UAE airports you will not be stopped and your drone will not be retained by customs either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54