DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling Within China

Kirktinw

Reactions
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has experience travelling within China with their drone on domestic flights. I have family that go often and one of my cousins had a bunch of camera lenses confiscated when flying domestically. I haven't heard of any problems for people flying in internationally and I understand the registration and flying regulations but as we know, legal flying doesn't always mean it meets reality of what will actually be allowed. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I know that airport security in China has strict rules on carrying batteries: mainly they require that the batteries have the capacity clearly labeled (due to a limit of 160 watt hours) and that the terminals are covered to prevent accidental short circuits (with tape, for example).

Reactions: Kirktinw
I know that airport security in China has strict rules on carrying batteries: mainly they require that the batteries have the capacity clearly labeled (due to a limit of 160 watt hours) and that the terminals are covered to prevent accidental short circuits (with tape, for example).

I did see the restriction notices. I didn't end up bringing it on my trip so I don't have experience travelling with it in China yet. As I travelled internationally it seemed much easier to get through security with my camera gear. When going through domestic flights security did seem to get much more tedious. Nothing too serious but I did have to take everything out of my bag involving cables or any type of battery (aa and aaa included).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929