DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip to The States

HerSens90

Reactions
Hello All,

In about a month i go on a trip to The States and i will visit: NYC, SAF, Vegas and LA, and offcourse some National Parks.

Im reading a lot about changing the settings, and i'm still learning the movement of the Mavic. Recently i bought the PolarPro Cinema Shutter 3-pack, so im also testing them out.

But i was wondering, because i'm new to the whole video/photo editing, what is the best way to shoot my videos with my Mavic? I dont want to get back home and find out that all of my video's are in a bad quality.
Is it smart to play on safe and shoot everything in D-Log or D-Cinelike and colorgrade??

BTW: I also need to learn how to use a Video editing program ( i was thinking about buying Premiere Pro)

Im open for all your suggestions.
Thank You!

The best way to shoot a video w/ MP in US is to make sure you're flying legally specially in National/State Parks. On the other hand there's a lot of video tutorials in Youtube on how to get optimal setting for taking Vid/Pics for MP........GOOD LUCK!

Good question, but so much depends on what you want your end product to look like, and the time you want to put into it. If you have the time and want the best results, the D-Log is going to be the way to go. If you just want to make some quick cuts and show the video, then D-Cinelike will be a better choice. Lots of advice on this forum for the best settings for D-Log; seems to change with each firmware update!

If you don't mind the $ per month for Premiere Pro, it has the most features, but DaVinci Resolve is free, and PowerDirector or Filmora are relatively cheap and easy to use.

Try and think about how a shot will look, take it from different angles and keep it smooth. Tripod Mode and Cinematic Mode can help with that. I generally just keep the video going, cut out what I don't need in post.

Watch other videos and see what you like about them, or don't like!

Wish you could fly in the National Parks, no law about doing some hand held shots with it though. Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks for the fast reply! I know the USA is strict and i don't want any trouble, so possibly no flying in the National Parks...too bad but there are a lot of other places to fly around.

What i want for my end product? I don't want to make some quick cuts and show it as fast as possible. I have the time for it so i want to make the best video i can possibly make as a beginner.
And about Premiere Pro, There is a possibility to get it for much cheaper but i need to figure that out first :) I will check Davinci resolve also! Thanks for that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting