DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek as monitor with the DJI RC Pro

How does the @TRIPLTEK Pro 8 connect to the RC Pro for use as a 2nd monitor screen?

I have a Magewell USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus, but when I connect it to the tablet, it is not providing any (or enough) power to get it running.

Once I get the power going, I also assume I have to install an additional 3rd party app for the tablet to display the USB video?

How does the @TRIPLTEK Pro 8 connect to the RC Pro for use as a 2nd monitor screen?

I have a Magewell USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus, but when I connect it to the tablet, it is not providing any (or enough) power to get it running.

Once I get the power going, I also assume I have to install an additional 3rd party app for the tablet to display the USB video?
The RC-Pro cannot power any external output device. The Tripltek has its own internal battery, just like iPads and phones connected to the RC-N1. You'll need an external power source for your Magewell. The mini HDMI output port of the RC-Pro can either mirror the RC-Pro screen or just the video feed. No app necessary on any external monitor connected via mini HDMI to HDMI. However, the TripleTek has no HDMI port, so it needs an app on the TriplTek to convert Mini HDMI to USB C, which its only input port.

Last edited:
@zeusfl Did you end up purchasing the T8 tablet? Were you able to get the T8 working as a second monitor from the RC Pro HDMI port?

I just get “USB transfer error.”

The Tripltek and RC Pro are the first Android devices I have ever used, and I must be missing something simple.

I had watched this YT video, and when contacting Tripltek support, they pointed me to that video as the solution.

@zeusfl Did you end up purchasing the T8 tablet? Were you able to get the T8 working as a second monitor from the RC Pro HDMI port?

I just get “USB transfer error.”

The Tripltek and RC Pro are the first Android devices I have ever used, and I must be missing something simple.

I had watched this YT video, and when contacting Tripltek support, they pointed me to that video as the solution.
Thought you had to use HDMI cable, not USB on the RC Pro and Tripltek for everything to work.

The Tripltek only has a USB port. The RC Pro outputs on the HDMI port.

An HDMI to USB Capture Device is required, along with an app on the tablet to interpret the USB signal.

So far, I have been unable to make it all work together.
Thought you had to use HDMI cable, not USB on the RC Pro and Tripltek for everything to work.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

An HDMI to USB Capture Device is required, along with an app on the tablet to interpret the USB signal.

It may be a problem with the capture device, try the one that others in this chat are using

That is what Tripltek support is now recommending. I have one ordered from Amazon.

Will be something if a $19 device works but the $500 and $120 devices I already had available from other projects are not "compatible".

The link they sent me was an affiliate link from their YouTube channel, so that may be why they have it configured to only work with that specific device.

It may be a problem with the capture device, try the one that others in this chat are using

Reactions: jforester

That is what Tripltek support is now recommending. I have one ordered from Amazon.

Will be something if a $19 device works but the $500 and $120 devices I already had available from other projects are not "compatible".

The link they sent me was an affiliate link from their YouTube channel, so that may be why they have it configured to only work with that specific device.
Can you post the link they sent you

I finally had a chance to try the recommended adapter, and it works. Video Capture Card, Video Recording Card Wonderful 4K HDMI to 1080P USB C for Gaming Streaming TV Recorder, for Windows Mac OS System with USB C Adapt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091NX27S8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_iv4erVitGnHDn

The Tripltek tablet gets lots of glowing reviews here, but I have to say I am underwhelmed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser