DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble activating mavic

Adamgordon

Reactions
I am having serious trouble activating my mavic. I have tried everything, have updated the mavic and RC completely, reset countless times, but I still don't get the activation option come up on my controller when I plug it in. I am connected to wifi. The only time I ever get the option is when I switch the mavic to wifi mode and connect to it with my phone, however obviously I have no network connection when I do that. My controller says 'unactivated see app' when I move the thumb sticks in the way you would take off, however nothing comes up on the app. Someone please help.

you have to activate/connect your mavic with your dji account or create one down on the left of the dji go4 app where it says "me".
I did encounter the same trouble a first time

try clearing the cach memory of your phone or better restart it.
once restart the phone start dji go 4
then start your controller
wait until "RC connected" down on the right
once "rc connceted" start the mavic
wait for the blue message on the top of the app for firmware verification process.
once you have "go fly" down on the right click on it
you should be prompted to register and you will not see the red dot on the "me" icon

(I had to go to this process twice on my drone and once on my driend's)

be sur to be connected to internet by wifi on you phone before, with the 3G 4G LTE cellular it does not work well for the registering of the drone.

Just restarted and deleted and re downloaded the app, but the controller still isn't connecting to my phone when plugged in.
try clearing the cach memory of your phone or better restart it.
once restart the phone start dji go 4
then start your controller
wait until "RC connected" down on the right
once "rc connceted" start the mavic
wait for the blue message on the top of the app for firmware verification process.
once you have "go fly" down on the right click on it
you should be prompted to register and you will not see the red dot on the "me" icon

(I had to go to this process twice on my drone and once on my driend's)

be sur to be connected to internet by wifi on you phone before, with the 3G 4G LTE cellular it does not work well for the registering of the drone.

if you use the usb port from down the controller you have to unplug the side usb port.
I have no more advise for the situation you encounter.

Just restarted and deleted and re downloaded the app, but the controller still isn't connecting to my phone when plugged in.
What phone are you using?
Regard,
-d.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54