DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble Getting Mavic Mini Battery Door/Cover Re-attached

dfwblah

Reactions
My Mavic Mini battery door/cover came off in a minor crash. I'm having trouble reattaching it despite my (possibly incorrect) assessment that the door hinges were not damaged. I would be grateful to anyone who has the inclination to detach and re-attach their door and capture it on video as a reference to share. Thank you.

Huh. Even that helps. I can see another approach to try based on that pic. Thank you!

I had the same problem following a fast reverse into a fir tree - fortunately it was pretty low so the only damage was some grass stains and the batter cover coming off.20200411_142847.jpg

To repair I had to first remove the 2 rear screws from the underside of the Mavic mini
Then pull the top casing up slightly = note that this tears the sticker on the right hand side - so I'm guessing that means any warranty is now lost.

20200411_143405.jpg

After that I managed to get one side of the battery cover to clip in
20200411_143414.jpg

To do the other side I inserted a couple of bits of plastic ties just under the top case...
20200411_144154.jpg

And kind of wiggled the second lug from the battery cover roughly into position and then pushed and twisted it using a small screwdriver.

This shot was taken just before I refitted the screws and you can see the top is still slightly lifted on the right hand side.

20200411_144508.jpg
Popped the rear screws back in and tightened up and it's back flying again...

I had the same problem following a fast reverse into a fir tree - fortunately it was pretty low so the only damage was some grass stains and the batter cover coming off.View attachment 98424

To repair I had to first remove the 2 rear screws from the underside of the Mavic mini
Then pull the top casing up slightly = note that this tears the sticker on the right hand side - so I'm guessing that means any warranty is now lost.

View attachment 98425

After that I managed to get one side of the battery cover to clip in
View attachment 98426

To do the other side I inserted a couple of bits of plastic ties just under the top case...
View attachment 98427

And kind of wiggled the second lug from the battery cover roughly into position and then pushed and twisted it using a small screwdriver.

This shot was taken just before I refitted the screws and you can see the top is still slightly lifted on the right hand side.

View attachment 98429
Popped the rear screws back in and tightened up and it's back flying again...

great pictures there.

@dfwblah did you solve this with a new door?

I want to jump on in on this. Firstly thank you for the photos, I noticed this before I did any repair to my drone and even contacted DJI to ask first. Agent on phone said call up my closest authorised repairer. The online agent, first said its ok to reattach just don't tear the sticker (LOL) then she told me to hang on and said send it in for repair.

What a farce and waste of DJI refresh for a part that cost around $10 CAD. This is a bad design flaw by DJI, its a part that suffers normal wear and tear and should be an easy fixable and replaceable part and not have time wasted sending it in because of a warranty seal sticker. I hope you read this DJI.

I did some further reading and watched YouTube videos on removing warranty stickers with minimal damage. Linus had a good video
1min 15sec in till about 3min 25sec. Basically if you try fix it and you break it then you messed up otherwise if its fine then DJI can't say its been illegally repaired.

I have a wrap tool kit which I purchased on Amazon a while ago and had a really sharp thin knife. I carefully removed the sticker with no damage. I then used a precision kit purchased from Canadian Tire that included thin Philips heads, tweezers and a pry bar to unclip the back. So easy.

I just wedged it slightly open reattached the battery cover and put screws back (don't over tighten). Good as new. Of course place the sticker back, but place slightly lower if you think this is a recurring issue. The part is brittle for sure.

I hope DJI reads this and make changes to the design of Mavic Mini or let us replace simple parts.

Thank you for these pics and instructions. I could reinstall the battery door on my MM this morning with these hints.
The bottom screw on the right side of the aircraft (where inside is the sticker) I loosened only, but did not remove it completely. The other screw I removed and opened the body a little bit.
With this I could put the door back without breaking the sticker.

Anybody gotten a better solution, yet? I got the right side in by guiding the nipple in downward, then twisting clockwise. Then I used a pair of tweezers. While pushing the door from right to left, I used tweezers to bend the left hinge slightly downward and move it to the left. The nipple caught (just barely.) From there, I massaged it in. I gingerly and carefully pried the panel ever so slightly, and it was in. Now, I'm thinking of becoming a surgeon; flight surgeon. {:>)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cyb3rDrone
I think I used this method. I’d buy a special tool kit because it helps. They’re not expensive. I unscrewed the rear screws, carefully pried open using the tool in toolkit. Ensure to carefully remove the warranty seal. You can do this with scalpel, sometimes in toolkit. Once open you can insert the battery cover no problem.

I’d watch some YouTube videos on people breaking it down. So you know what to expect.

Thanks for the instructions. I used a hair dryer to make the plastic softer and more pliable. It helped a lot and I replaced a door with a broken latch with minimal effort. As a side effect, the glue on the warranty sticker also softened and the body came apart with the sticker intact. More heat- and I moved the sticker on the inner side of the door to the new one.
My drone is a Mini 2, all parts look identical to the pictured Mini, the only difference I spotted was the USB port.

Undo the screws but not completely. Get a small file or screwdriver and put it in the small plastic bar next to hinge hole. With 1 hand prise the bar open, making the hing hole bigger and get 1 side in. Do same with other side, no sticker touched so good stuff. Happy flying. The replacement doors are very cheap anyway plus the drone will fly perfectly without the cover.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15